Chapter 6

This will be a short chapter. It will take place during Daera and Daemon's betrothal feast. It will just be a little family interaction. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

                                             Daera Targaryen (15 years old

                                             Daera Targaryen (15 years old.)

                                                      Daemon Targaryen (19 years old

                                                      Daemon Targaryen (19 years old.)

Rhaelys took a sip of her wine, smiling as Daera laughed when Daemon spun her around. Her parents and grandparents watched with an amused look on their faces from the main table. Her brother and sister looked immensely happy, as they were finally allowed to show everyone they were in love. The lords had not been too pleased when it had been announced that the next king of the seven kingdoms was betrothed to his sister, all the hope the lords had held to make their daughters queen had died a swift death. They all could not see no one would break her siblings apart and whoever tried would pay with their lives. The disappointment had not lasted long, after all, there were plenty of princes and princesses left that could be wed.
"Princess." Rhaelys turned to the man, giving him a nod as he bowed to her. "I am so glad to see you once more, you look even more beautiful."
"Thank you, my lord." Rhaelys gave the man an honest smile, she had always liked him. "I was sad to hear about your father. My condolences on his passing."
"Thank you, princess." Lucas Tully was the son of the late Elmo Tully and Sara Stark, who had been her grandmother's lady in waiting for years. "He was in no pain so that was a blessing."
"How is your mother?" Sara was one of Rhaelys' favorite people, like most Northern women she was a warrior. "Did she come with you?"
"Yes, now that my father has passed she will return to Queen Rhaenyra's service." Lucas shrugged his shoulders. "She insisted that it would be the best thing for her."
"Well, I will be happy to see more of her." Lucas's wife had passed a few years ago and the man had never remarried. He already had two children and was in no hurry to wed once more. "Where are your sons?"
"Tristan came with me." The Lord looked around, frowning when he was unable to find his son. "He should be around here somewhere, he saw Lyonel when we walked in. He must be talking to him."
"Here you are." A shadow fell over Rhaelys and she saw the way Lucas's eyes widened and he took a hasty step back. Rhaegon cupped her elbow. "I have been looking for you."
"My prince." Lucas bowed, giving Rhaegon a hesitant smile. "I am glad to see you once more. I was pleased when I heard of your return."
"Thank you, Lord Tully." Rhaegon's voice did not sound very thankful, or even nice for that matter. The smile he gave Lucas, made the poor man swallow and make a hasty retreat. Her uncle turned back to her, his smile warm. "Dance with me."
He pulled her to where the others were dancing before she even answered him, his large hand enveloping hers and his other hand wrapped around her waist, pulling her close to his body. His body led hers, drawing her into the dance before she was even aware of what was happening. His touch was light and possessive at the same time, and his eyes were conflicted as he looked at her.
"Why did you do that?" Rhaegon raised an eyebrow. "Why were you so rude to Luca?"
"Oh, so it is Luca now, is it?" His eyes grew frosty and Rhaelys was a bit confused. "Why are you so familiar with him?"
"What?" Rhaelys was even more confused. Last she knew, Rhaegon and Lucas had a pleasant relationship. Lucas was only a few years younger than her uncle and they used to train together as children. "He is a friend of our family, his mother is one of grandmother's best friends and lady in waiting. We have known him our entire lives."
"Yes, I am aware that we have known him our entire lives." The dance made them pull away for a few seconds before they came back together. "I just did not realize you two were so familiar."
"I do not believe I like your tone." Rhaelys's eyes narrowed. "What exactly are you implying?"
"I am implying that people might have the wrong idea if they see how friendly you are with him. I mean, we would not want rumors about you to start spreading, would we?" Rhaelys brought down her foot, slamming her heel on top of his foot and making him yelp. Some of the people dancing turned to stare at them. Rhaegon had stopped dancing, attempting to stop the pain she had inflicted. "Bloody hell! What would you do that?"
"Well, uncle, we would not want rumors to start spreading, would we?" Her smile was sweet, but she could tell he saw the meaning behind it. She kissed his cheek, closer to his mouth than was appropriate, and murmured against his skin. "I will speak to whoever the hells I want and you will not stop me."
Rhaelys courtesied to her uncle, giving him a mocking smile before walking away from him. His glare not bothering her in the least.