Chapter 13

This chapter is a short one, is just a bit of the aftermath after Rhaegon found out about the baby. 1 week after Rhaegon and Rhaelys fight. Rhaegon is not doing any better or making the best decisions. Rhaenyra makes a choice to attempt to help Rhaelys and Rhaegon. Daera gives Rhaelys some news. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

One week later.

"You cut your hair." Rhaegon did not look up as Baelon sat beside him. "Now people are going to have a hard time telling us apart."

"Since when do you care what people think?" Rhaegon could feel Baelon's eyes on the side of his head.

"Do you want to talk about what has been bothering you?" Baelon sighed after a few minutes passed without Rhaegon saying anything. "You will have to speak to someone at some point, Uncle Aemond wants to kill you, mama and papa are not happy with you, Deirys is going out of her mind and Rhaelys is not really speaking much to anyone."

"Well, she will not want to speak to me." Rhaegon took a swing of the arbor gold he had taken out of the castle's cellar. "She made her choice."

"The choice you forced her to make." Rhaegon glared at Baelon, who was just glaring back at him. "She is with child Rhaegon, your child, and you asked her to choose between you and him. What did you think was going to happen?"

"I thought she loved me enough to choose me." Rhaegon did not understand why his family could not understand what was taking place. They should understand that he was trying to protect Rhaelys, instead of being upset with him. "I thought she would choose to live."

"Her being with child does not mean she will die." Baelon put a hand on his shoulder. "Rhaelys will be fine and she did choose you. She chose to have your child, to continue your legacy."

"I do not want a legacy if it means my wife will die." Rhaegon stood up, the bottle of wine still in his hand. "I will not go through this again, I think once during my lifetime was enough."

"Rhaegon, that does..."

"I do not want to speak about this Baelon." Rhaegon could not help but glare at his brother. "I understand you are all against me and that is well, but that does not mean I have to stay here and listen to this."

"So you are going to leave again?" This time it was Baelon who glared at him. "You are so afraid that you do not seem to notice you are losing Rhaelys and is not because she is going to die. One day you will wake up and realize that you have pushed everyone who loves you away, and you will be all alone."

"Baelon.."

"No!" Baelon shook his head. "Leave, after all, that is all you are good at doing."

Baleon stalked away before Rhaegon could get a word out. His family refused to see what was right in front of them. They were all upset about what had happened between Rhaelys and him. They were all on Rhaelys's side, they believed he was in the wrong and had made their opinions known. They did not understand this could kill his wife, and then what would happen? He would be forced to be alone once more and take care of the child that was responsible for his wife's death. He just could not take the chance, but his family did not seem to care, they had all turned against him.

He had not seen Rhaelys since their fight in their chambers. She had taken all her things and returned to the Tower of the Hand. She did not leave the tower often, mostly for council meetings. She still refused to get rid of the child inside her, and there was nothing he could do about it. Rhaegon was aware that if he tricked her into taking something to lose the child she would hate him forever. Maybe he should still risk it, she might hate him but at least she would be alive, he could live with that.