Chapter 16

1 year time jump. Rhaelys and Aerion return from Dragonstone. Rhaegon seen his son again after a year, he and Rhaelys talk. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

                                                             Rhaenyra Targaryen (57 years old

                                                             Rhaenyra Targaryen (57 years old.)

1 year later

Rhaegon's life was a constant state of hell, he hated what his life had become. This was even worse than when Jaehaera had died because now he had no one to blame but himself. His wife was gone, she had been gone for a year now and she had taken their son with her. Rhaegon had only seen Aerion twice, the day he was born and the day Rhaelys left for Dragonstone. Since then the only news he heard was because his mother, father, or Deirys took pity on him. His sister, uncle, and parents had been to Dragonstone several times since Rhaelys had left. He would hear how much his son was growing, how he was such a good babe, so healthy and happy. And all he could feel was resentment because they were able to see him and he was not.

Rhaegon had not said anything when Rhaelys had decided to accept his mother's offer and leave for Dragonstone. What could he say? He did not want her to raise their son to hate him. She could tell Aerion he had wanted to kill him before he was even born. Rhaegon felt shame any time he remembered when he said that. He had actually asked his wife to kill their son, then made her choose between them. He had not truly comprehended what he was asking until Deirys had put the tiny babe in his arms. His son, a piece of his soul so innocent and pure, and he had wanted to kill him, all because of his fears. Because of those fears, he had lost everything.

"I never thought I would say this but I miss the days when you would not shut up." Rhaegon looked at his mother, who was giving him an amused smile. "You barely speak these days, we have to drag the words out of you."

"I do not have a lot to say." Rhaegon shrugged. "I have not been doing anything too exciting."

"You should train with your brothers and your nephews." He knew what his mother was doing, but he was not in the mood. "I am told you do not train with them any longer, mostly with the knights."

"I was under the impression my brothers and nephews did not want much to do with me."

"That is not true Rhaegon." His mother let out a sigh. "They were angry and with good reason, but they do not hate you. If you were to make an effort."

"An effort?" Rhaegon glared at his mother. "I wanted to make an effort, I wanted to be with my wife and son, but you stopped me. You refuse to allow me to see them and if I were to try and force my way into Dragonstone the guards would not allow me in. I would have to kill them just so I could see my child."

"That was not my decision Rhaegon." His mother looked sad and tired. "I have been trying to do what is best for you, Rhaelys and Aerion. There are many things that cannot be fixed just by me ordering it so."