'Pop-off'

He's a keeper, he's a believer, he's on the ground on his knees in the theatre - Sofia Isella 

Fever. It was fun at first, but then the heat was too much. All good things come to a soft but subtle end, but all bad things end in flames. 

"Watch where you're going," Agreste was suddenly in front of me and all his books were spread eagled on the ground. Papers flew everywhere. He looked annoyed and moody. His hair was ruffled and there were large bags under his eyes, like he hadn't slept a wink that night. Mine probably matched his like a sleepy mirror. 

I prayed for Hawkmoth to akumatize him at that moment so I'd be able to do something, anything, but Hawkmoth had decided to take a break from akumatizations. 

Last night he'd admitted that he was disappointed with our progress on stealing the Miraculous, and he was going to try a different approach. His new approach was to be kept a secret until he was more sure of its success. 

"You walked into me," I pointed out. "I'm standing at my locker. You're the one walking down the hallway." 

"Whatever," Adrien scoffed, bending down to gather his things. He looked up at me, green eyes unusually curious. "You're not going to help me?" 

"Did you expect me to?" I countered, slamming my locker. "Sorry to disappoint you Agreste, but I'm not one of those groupies that follow you around everywhere, doing everything for you." 

"You're not Marinette you mean," Adrien's eyes glinted mischievously. He finished picking up his stuff and leaned against the locker beside mine. Absent-mindedly he ran his hand through his hair. 

"Oh you're staying to talk now," I rolled my eyes. "This is fun. We are having...fun." 

Adrien chose to ignore me. "It's hard you know, having so many girls obsessed with me," he met my eyes evenly. "I guess you wouldn't know what that feels like though." 

"No, you're right," I said, false seriousness taking control of my tone. "I don't know what it's like to be a fatherless, egotistical narcissist. Thanks for enlightening me." 

I would've slammed my locker then, but unfortunately, it was already closed. Instead, I popped my headphones back on, giving him one last brief look. 

Adrien's eyes followed me down the hallway. I could feel them boring into the back of my skull. 

"Damn, pop off, girl-boss," Vector whispered from my bag. 

I wasn't feeling very girl-bossy, as I recalled my interaction with Chat Noir. It's almost like he was searching for something. Searching for something from me. Something that I didn't want to give him. he would never fully have me. 

Deep down, I wondered if that bothered him. 

Then, I thought about Adrien more. He really loved the idea of people obsessing over him. I'm sure that came from his deep down urge to feel like he mattered, since he clearly didn't receive that kind of love from his father or his dead mother. I stopped myself, mid diagnosis. 

After that long minute of psychoanalyzing Adrien Agreste, I decided to ditch school. Something about behind around these people was giving me nausea. 

I headed down to the pier. 

There was a girl sitting in my spot beside the water. It was unusual to see — yes I know Paris isn't exactly a small place but I knew most of the teenagers. She had hair the colour of a fox and large, narrowed eyes. Her hair was done up in a weird version of pigtails and she was holding a single-scoop vanilla ice cream cone. If that didn't scream serial killer then I don't know what does. 

I walked up to her, not even sure I was going to say anything. 

"Hey," she turned around before I could even get there. "My name is Lila. I've seen you around before. You're Y/N, right? I go to the same school as you, but I just transferred. You're besties with Marinette Dupain-Cheng, the baker's daughter. And you're an ace at fencing, I — " 

"Whoa," I interrupted her, mid speech. "This is going too fast for me. You know all that?" 

Lila nodded enthusiastically. Then she leaned closer to me. "I know a lot more than that, Raven. Care to join me for an ice cream?"