Chapter 25

(Max's POV)

The house is being bombarded by Martha and Marcus with their usual chaotic means of convincing us of a very, ehem, annoying subject. It was agreed between Andrea and I that we won't have any sort of engagement party so what they did was, since they always have something up in their sleeves, they proposed a separate party for us, a bachelor and a bachelorette party which I frowned upon on but Andrea looks like she's having a hard time making a decision. For all that's worth, I should give Martha a credit as she is really good with moving people with their decisions.

"Come on, it would be fun!" Martha pushed Andrea and she laughed, feeling my sister's insistence about the topic.

"I'll think about it, I promise." Andrea said and smiled at Martha for the umpteenth time but she's not buying it.

"I'll give you five minutes to think everything through and you better not let that party pooper sway you, you hear me? I will pinch your nîpples if you listen to that retard!" Martha warned and elicited a laugh from everyone in the couch except me.

"Kinky." Marcus laughed and nudged my rib and out of instinct, I cursed and slapped his elbow away.

"Damn it, that was harsh!" I looked at Marcus with annoyance and he just laughed.

"Loosen up, brother! That was your sister who made a sexual comment about your fiancée and you get jealous. If I'd buy a dog for her and whenever the damn dog would approach and lick Andrea's legs, you'll probably growl at it as if you're the animal. Oh wait, it's true anyway." Marcus pushed my buttons and I just frowned. Andrea and I were supposed to go and see how our arrangements are going on so far with the cake, the food and the Church but it seems that these twins have another thing in mind. Farewell, peaceful day.

"Poor dog." Martha side commented and I stood up, no longer containing my cool before I met up with them and walked up to the rooftop and huffed and puffed roundabout.

Before she can even physically announce her presence, I already felt her coming as my whole body is attuned to hers. Amazing what love can do and it's even more amazing that we've come so far

"Hey, what's eating you?" I hear Andrea ask behind me and I groan.

"The real question should be, who's not eating me?" I snort but since Andrea gasped, I still tried to conceal my smile but I failed and I ended up laughing.

"No, really, what's wrong?" She asked again and I sighed.

"It's normal. Sometimes, those two just really get on my nerves that I want to cut their tongues and stab them, not necessarily in that order." I vent out my anger and she just smiles.

"Well, since I'm your fiancée, I think my duty is to help you hide the body and cover your tracks. Sounds easy but challenging to do, if I say so myself."

"I don't think it's usual for the both of you to casually talk about dumping our bodies God knows where." Martha says out of nowhere as she pulls Andrea inside my flat.

"Your five minutes are over, missy! Is it a yes or a no?" Martha quizzed Andrea and I feel sorry for her. I made up my mind that I will not have a bachelor party, not unless she will have one.

"Well..." Andrea trails on and she immediately looked at me.

"Don't look at me, it's up to you if you want." I shrugged but I know she can read through me and that I don't want her to have a party because for one, Martha isn't a trustworthy person when it comes to parties and second, I know there will be male strippers involved and I don't like the sound of that.