Chapter 12: The Morning After

Picture of the bouquet on the side!

Song of the chapter: Haunted- Beyoncé (Fifty Shades of Grey version)

Andrea's POV

Yearning for the warmth beside me that I have gotten used to these past few weeks and finding none, I woke up with a jolt and found that Max isn't sharing the bed with me anymore. The date last night was marvelous and I can't wait to share more with him since he makes a woman feel special. Yes, we have been sharing beds since he's not calling any mechanic to fix the heater in my supposed-to-be bedroom and thus resulting to me sleeping in his bed. I don't think he minds though, in fact, I think he rather likes the fact of me sleeping in it. No complains from me. And no, it isn't what you think.

We just have this little cuddle session when we wake up, that's all.

Somehow, I was able to break down his walls that he built around him and I'm proud of it. He has to lay back sometimes and take a break from work. Frowning that I won't receive a cuddle session from him today, I turned to my bed side table and checked the time and a white paper neatly clipped below the clock caught my attention. Opening the white paper to see a beautifully calligraphed handwriting that I knew belonged to Max, I smiled at his thoughtfulness to write a note for me.

I'm leaving first.

Maximillian x

Going up the elevator, I can't help but feel giddy but at the same time, feel like there's something fishy going on that I don't know of upstairs. When I stepped foot inside the work floor, a floral scent welcomed its way to me and I inhaled the lovely smell. Walking towards my desk, I take a peek at Max's office and found that it was still locked. I didn't go completely inside because that's the tricky part of his office. The door needs an approved fingerprint and a 7 alphanumeric security code. I'm one of the people whose fingerprints are approved but I don't know his alphanumeric security code so I still can't go in but all I needed to know is that he isn't inside the room. Where could he be?

When I saw my desk, I was surprised to see the most stunning pale pink bouquet of flowers sitting innocently right beside my pen stacks. I rushed to it when I saw an infamous white paper, and let me tell you this, it looks all too well familiar.

A bouquet of ranunculus for you.

Thank you for last night.

Your Maximillian x

I smell the ranunculus and smiled to myself as it gave me the impression that he is a hearts-plus-flowers-and-chocolates type of guy but he just don't know it yet. He'll probably never accept it since it will ruin his 'bad-boy reputation'. Oh, the man is very humble.

I asked the security guard on duty if he saw Max here and he nodded but only said that he only had a glimpse of him in my desk and he immediately went to the elevator that he had on hold for him. A special delivery from the special man himself. Amazing!

Since he is somewhere and I don't know where he is, I sent a message to him through iMessage.

I thought you headed first to the office? But on a side note, thank you for the lovely flowers. They're breathtaking. A x

And before I was able to exit my messages, I saw a speech bubble appear with three dots which indicated that he was typing something.

Oh, sorry for not informing you. I have this whole day off from work and I'm playing golf with a business associate. Feel free to join if you want. And I'm glad you like the flowers.

A: I'll pass on that one. Enjoy your day, though. Since you're off from work, may I just work for a couple of hours and continue my little investigation?