Chapter 17: Meeting the Blonde Bombshell

The past week in the office was filled with tension as this was our first week being lovers in the office. I always laughed at him when he groans out of frustration and pent-up desire and I can say the staff saw this drastic change in our relationship and how he changed.

Alexa, who I can safely call my acquaintance, was very snoopy and was trying to get out some informations from me but I just shrug, smile and laugh it off, much to her annoyance.

It's a Saturday and the Bravuccis are having another bonding in the family mansion and I was thankful Max told me sooner rather than later knowing that he might get murdered by me because he didn't tell me in an earlier note.

They were having a simple barbecue lunch and an Italian dinner so I decided to buy some burger patties to go along with the grill they were gonna cook and Max bought some Madeira wine and then with that, we were off to the mansion.

           "Hello, dear!" Sonia greeted me and pecked my cheek whilst I saw Max being crushed by the little Andrew in his legs, shouting words of adoration.

"Uncle Max, can you do another flying kick please? Please? Again?" Andrew practically begged and I had to laugh because I can see Max having an internal battle against himself.

"I can see the gears in your head working, love." I tease him and before I knew it, Andrew was gesturing to me to carry him.

"Lift!" Andrew grinned and I just shrug then carried him with my arms with a groan.

"You're a bit heavy now, eh? How old are you again?" I asked Andrew and he just lifted his hand and showed his two little, chubby fingers.

"You're two?"

He nodded and settled his head into my neck and I knew he was about to sleep, the reason why he wasn't replying to my questions is because he was too tired.

"Oh, let me do that!" Martha said when she saw me holding Andrew in my arms and I shook my head gingerly, trying not to wake the boy who's now lightly snoring.

"Max, for cripes' sake, give yourself and Andrea your own baby!" Martha screamed angrily but we all knew it was just a bluff.

Max laughed to his heart's content with the family and I just blushed, actually imagining what will be the outcome if ever Max and I take the next step. To marry.

Martha just got the bag where we placed the goods and headed out the lawn where I can smell the smoke coming from the grill.

Walking towards the exit, I saw an unfamiliar car entering the gates.

"Mom, were we expecting guests?" Max called out and Sonia shook her head.

"A car just entered the gates, Mrs. Bravucci." I informed her and she frowned, some wrinkles threatening to marr Sonia's beautiful face. At her late fifties, Sonia was looking way younger than her years.

"Really? And I told you, you can call me Sonia or Ma." She smiled at me and I just smiled back at her.

"Go ahead to the garden, I'll go and check up with mom." Max said and I walked out and saw Lucas already grilling some barbecue.

"Look what we have here!" Lucas remarked.

"You look extremely beautiful today, Andrea. Specially with Andrew in your arms, makes me imagine how you'd look like with your own child and my future grandchild." He said which made Martha nod while she's silently eating at the end of the wooden table where I'm also sitting.

"I agree." Marcus said while putting ice cubes into some glasses. I shook my head while trying to remove the silly idea from my head. Besides, I just met Max as my boss about two months ago and I don't think he's ready to take the next step with me.