Chapter 10: Investigation

I was having a nice dream about a certain sensual, long-legged, fiery woman but I was woken from my slumber because of a ringing sound that annoyed me to the depths of hell.

"Andrea?" I groggily called out to her but I got no response. I hastily turned around to check if she was still sleeping just to see the side of her bed empty.

"To hell be damned!" I curse, knowing that she left her phone intentionally to wake me up. I stood up, put on some bottoms because I can't find my shirt that I placed just beside it on my bedside table and went out the door only to be attacked by the smell of food from the kitchen.

I found Andrea wrecking havoc in my kitchen with my shirt on. I can still see the hem of her nightdress for she overlapped my shirt to her nightdress and the sight just made me... oh damn.

"Good morning, Mr. Bravucci." Andrea grinned and I smirked back at her.

"What a wake up call you had for me back there, Ms. Vinson. What are you cooking and why do you have my shirt on?" If she can play a game, I could ride along too.

"Bacon, egg, pancakes, sausages and toasted garlic bread for breakfast coming right up!" She said but ignored my other question.

"You still haven't answered the last question."

"Do I really have to answer it?" She playfully whined and surprisingly, I didn't find it annoying. The girls I used to 'date', keyword on date, infuriates me whenever they whine.

"Of course."

"Well, it's because I can, Mr. Bravucci. And I like your shirt, it's very comfortable."

"Is it now?" I challenged.

"Very. Now, rest assured that this won't be the last time I'll wear something of yours, Mr. Bravucci."

It will be my pleasure, Ms. Vinson.

~

"So how's the investigation so far?" I asked her over our drinks during lunch time. We went together to the office and the gossip mill started to move because we arrived together and we were a bit behind the time for about three minutes which sparked interests and woke up their imagination.

"So far, so good. Do you have any informations that aren't confidential that you could tell me that will be helpful enough?" She asked and drank her water. Jesus, she's the only person who can make drinking water look hot.

"Yes. Actually, I have to debrief you on that. It's business related currently and might have a connection to the past. I'm not so sure myself." I said and before Andrea can reply, a waitress decided to butt in to our conversation.

"Not so sure of what?" The blonde waitress asked as she looked at me as if I was her prey. Help!

"Not so sure if we could start making our own family soon. Sure, I love the practice but I still want to practice more. As they say, practice makes perfect, honey." I said as I grabbed Andrea's hand and for a second right there, she gawked at me but realized I was playing a joke on the flirty waitress. Andrea smirked and I knew she was gonna play along.

"I love the practices too but I was off from my birth control pills since a week ago so I might be pregnant right now. Isn't that lovely, dear?" She exclaimed and I grinned.

"That is the most perfect news I've heard so far in my life! This calls for a celebration! What do you wanna do, baby?"

"Definitely celebratory se-"

"May I take your order or will you continue pretending in front of me first?" The waitress said, her voice laced with jealousy and anger. I tried to keep my laughter at bay and I can see that Andrea is undergoing the same struggle that I am having right now.