Chapter 5: Meeting Daddy Bravucci

(Max's POV)

Andrea's secret rendezvous investigation starts today. When she asked me for the code for the confidential company files, I refused to offer it to her. After all, there are only two people who knows about the code, my dad and yours truly.

Andrea huffed when I told her I can't tell her the code and I smirk. She's so adorable when she's mad but she's not trying to show it.

I went back to my room and to my surprise, my dad was sitting on the couch.

"Son, where have you been?" My dad, Lucas Bravucci, asked.

"Somewhere. What's with the surprise visit?" I asked incredulously.

"Just wanted to check up on you and your new PA. I heard from Phillip that you haven't screwed the girl. Speaking of, where is she?" My dad interrogated.

"God knows." I lied. "So have you ran a background check on her?"

"Ah, yes. Also went to see her flat. Seriously Maximillian, I raised you better than that. If the unfortunate people needs your help then give it! Have you seen where she lives?" Lucas shouted, infuriated with me. What should I do, buy a mansion for her? I wanted to ask sarcastically to my dad.

Knock, knock.

"Max, here are the files I've gath- oh." Andrea said and when she saw I was talking to someone, she stopped on her tracks.

"Excuse me, sirs." Ah, there goes that word that's full of sensual promises again.

"No, no. I think you should join us, Ms. Vinson." My father commanded and she obliged and sat down on one of the chairs placed across my desk. I clear my throat and started with the formal introductions.

"Andrea, this is my father, CEO Emeritus of Bravucci Enterprises, Inc., Lucas Bravucci. Dad, this is Andrea Vinson, my PA." I said as Andrea stood up and shook hands with Lucas.

"Andrea Ellis Vinson, sir." She said but when she called my dad 'sir' it wasn't like how she called me the same way.

"Lucas Bravucci, you can call me Luke or Pa, it's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Vinson." Dad said. Hold up, the only people who can call him 'Pa' is his son-in-law and grandson... He isn't thinking what I'm thinking, right?

"Then you can call me Andrea or El, Luke." Andrea smiled and when left the room.

"Dad, what are you up to?" I asked him.

"Nothing, son. Calm down." I arched my eyebrows in suspicion.

"Playing matchmaker again, huh, dad?" I accused and he chuckled.

"Get over yourself, son. You're only thinking about that because you think that's what I'm doing and you secretly wish I am doing it." He snickered. Partly true, my ego admitted.

Andrea entered the room with her hands occupied by a tray with lots of servings of her heavenly home baked cookies.

"The coffees are coming up in about two minutes." Andrea said and left the room again.

"Dad, I have to warn you, those cookies are the best you'll ever taste in your whole life." I chuckle and he took a bite.

He groaned in appreciation and I chuckle again.

"I see what's the hype all about." Dad side commented.

"What?"

"Phillip mentioned these cookies, too. That girl can bake, son, go marry her so when you retire you can enjoy this for the rest of your living days." Lucas demanded and I choke on a cookie. Why is he demanding me to marry her? He just met the woman five minutes ago!