Chapter 2: A Hard Day's Work

Arriving at the headquarters, work was like water in the mill already. Everyone was moving their bums and I'd like them to keep it that way. I don't pay them to be lazy.

"Good morning, Mr. Bravucci." One of the employees greeted courteously.

"Is it really a good one?" I snapped.

The employee slowly backed away. For Pete's sake, it's eight in the morning, don't bug me. I checked the desk beside my room where Andrea should be in and I didn't see her. Is she really late for her second day? So far, that doesn't make a good impression. I entered my room and saw Andrea placing a cup of coffee in my desk and I smiled inwardly.

"Good morning, sir." Andrea greeted with solidity, to say the least, I was shocked.

She left the room when I saw that my desk is free of papers, I smiled inwardly again. I glanced at my schedule and saw that I didn't have anything until noon. To top it all, as I sip from the cup, I tasted one of the best coffee in my whole life.

Who was that employee? I better give him a raise for telling me that I'd have a good morning. Because I certainly did have. I went outside my office and stood upright before I asked, "Who was that guy who greeted me 'good morning' awhile ago?"

The working mill stopped and everyone looked up at me. The pregnant silence lasted for seconds and I reappeared my announcement again.

"Do I have to repeat what I said?" I boomed again.

"It was m-me." The guy stammered and raised his hand.

"My office at once."

To say that the guy was scared to his balls was an understatement. He was really scared out of his guts.

"Y-yes, Mr. Bravucci?"

"What's your name?" I asked with no emotions to scare him more. I enjoy making people scared and squirm in their seats when I talk to them. Sadistic, huh?

"Cruise, s-sir. Emmanuel Cruise."

"Expect a raise of $5000 in your monthly salary for that greeting. It actually turned out to be a good morning after all." I flashed a small smile as I saw his eyes bulge out of its sockets.

"Y-yes, Mr. Bravucci. Thank you s-so much, sir. Have a good day, sir." Emmanuel rejoiced and if I dare say it, he happily scampered out of my office.

I feel lighter than ever before with my unexplainable happiness as I add $5000 to the monthly salary of Emmanuel Cruise.

~

"Andrea!" I shouted through the intercom and she immediately showed up in my office.

"Yes, Mr. Bravucci?" Andrea asked and gestured at my cup.

"Another cup of coffee, please." I asked and she nodded. She patiently made the coffee using the coffee maker I had inside my room and I watched her as she sashayed gracefully and sexily around the small kitchen. I wonder what those hips and legs would look like naked in my bed...

"Mr. Bravucci, are you checking me out?" Andrea smirked.

Ah, shit.

"I asked you if you would want to have biscuits go with your coffee but it seems to me that you didn't hear me as you were preoccupied checking out my delectable behind." Andrea went on and on, embarrassing me more as she stated facts about me staring at her, as I quote, "delectable behind". I feel a blush creep in my cheeks and I mentally punched myself. Holy mother of God, Maximillian Bravucci blushing over a woman because he got caught staring at her bum! Goodness.

"So?" Andrea smirked as if she won the billion in the national lottery.

"I would love to." See your delectable behind, I inwardly added and my little friend got excited at the thought as I started to shift in my chair as I got uncomfortable with the strain of my tightening trousers. Trouser snake!

Andrea placed the cup of coffee with a small plate of chocolate chip cookies. I took a bite and moaned at the heavenly taste of the cookies. I swear it's like God Himself made these batch.

"Where'd you get these cookies?" I asked because I was sure as heck that I didn't buy these.

"I made it myself. And from the looks of it, it tastes orgasmic." Andrea teased and then smirked again. Let's see who'll be smirking when I make someone orgasm... and not with cookies.

"You bake?" I decided to ignore her question that was very, very, very full of sexual innuendo.

"Yep."

"They taste damn good."

She grinned.

"Would you mind if you bring me some more tomorrow?" That question took away all of my manly dignity as her grin got bigger.

"You can count on it, sir. After all, you're the boss."

~

I had Andrea busy for the rest of the day and whenever I thought of her, I feel the familiar rush of lust pump through my veins and I had to sit down during one out of three of my meetings because my little friend doesn't want to calm down.

"Dude, keep that thing away!" Phillip Carter, my best mate, the guy I practically grew up ever since we were in diapers, commented slyly as he saw my little friend making a havoc down the crotch part of my trousers.

"Sorry, man, can't help it." I shrugged and he shook his head and chuckled.

"Okay, who is it this time, mate?"

"My sec-"

"I'm heading home now, Mr. Brav- Oh sorry, I didn't know you had a company! Sorry, sirs." Andrea apologized as Phillip gawked at her, practically drooling over her beauty. He stood up and towered over Andrea.

"Phillip Carter, best mate of that grumpy lumpy right there behind the desk." Phillip introduced himself and I frowned. Who are you calling 'grumpy lumpy'? And to my surprise, Andrea let out a full-blown laugh, not a small giggle or a silent laugh. She really is something.

"Andrea Vinson, grumpy lumpy's secretary." She replied with a little bit of formality. Great, she's gonna call me with that silly nickname now, too.

Phillip chuckled.

"Want me to give you a ride? A beautiful woman like you shouldn't be going home alone."

"Is this some kind of ploy so that I'd be going home with you and bonk my brains out or maybe bonk me in your car if you're desperate?" Andrea asked suspiciously and Phillip raised one of his eyebrows.

"I'm not even thinking about that but I'm glad you're giving a piece of your mind and time thinking about my balls." Phillip quipped and by this time, I'm shaking with anger and jealousy as Andrea laughed again.

"Nah. Thanks for the offer though. And I'm sure you and grumpy lumpy has something important to talk about. I'm heading out now, Phillip, sir." Ah, there goes her sexy way of saying 'sir' again, referring to me.

As soon as she closed the door, Phillip turned around and shook his head.

"Man, you've got a feisty one. And I know that she's the reason why 'little Max' is up and active right now." Phillip teased and I groaned again.

This has been a long day.

Song of the chapter: Edge of Desire - John Mayer