Chapter 6: Meeting the Vinson Family

(Max's POV)

"What do you mean we've lost half a million dollars? Are you kidding?" I half-screamed at my brother, Marcus Bravucci, the Chief Financial Officer or CFO of Bravucci Enterprises, Inc., informed me about the news.

"This will be some pretty sick joke but I'm afraid that's not the case, bro." Marcus replied and we're back to business again. We were able to narrow down the possible suspects with a probable alibi but it's still a huge number. Of course, the person is from the financial department to know the protocols of the department and there are about 230 employees that are in the financial but we were able to narrow it down to 121 employees but of course, we still suspect everyone, including my dear brother which is okay for him because he is innocent. He declared and I know he didn't do it.

"Okay, I'll have the security department look into this and hire 10 private investigators that will disguise and work for me. 5 private investigators for the day and another 5 for the night shifts." I said.

"You know, bro? If the situation isn't this heavy I'd be laughing because you went overboard again. Expected from you though." Marcus said with a smile, trying not to smirk.

"Is that all? Dad's waiting for me on my floor. Want to come?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I won't sit around and wait for the thief to steal the company's funds. This is my job and partly yours and now you've done your part. Send my love to dad, though." Marcus said.

"Too late. I'm here already." Dad said as he entered the room. I wanted to say something about knocking but he's the CEO Emeritus after all, he still has some rights over the company.

"Well, I'm heading up now. See you men this weekend for the reunion." I said and left off. I wouldn't call it 'reunion' though. It was in a weekly basis and if one of us weren't able to go, we're gonna get a hell of a discussion with our mom so we make sure that we're all free during Saturdays.

When I looked at Andrea's desk, she wasn't there so I looked at the small canteen where she makes her coffee sometimes and when I entered, the noise, the laughter and the roundabouts stopped and the people who's sitting down immediately stood up.

"Good morning, Mr. Bravucci." the people said in chorus. Sweet. I love it when they are scared of me.

"Have you seen Andrea anywhere?" I asked and everyone shook their heads. They all know which Andrea I was talking about because everyone who worked for me named 'Andrea' were moved to a different department.

I sent one woman to the ladies' room to check if she was there and the woman said she wasn't so I went inside my room and found her. All along I've been looking for her and she's just here...

"Andrea? I was looking for you everywhere." I said when I saw her and when she looked up at me, tears were streaming down her face. "Wait, are you crying?"

Stupid question, Bravucci!

"Hey Max, you're back. I was just wondering if you can give me the afternoon off for today." Andrea said as she wiped her tears using the back of her hand. Very un-lady like but I was turned on about it. God, I feel likes fourteen year old horny teenager boy seeing someone naked for the first time.

"Do you want me to accompany you?" I asked and she refused kindly by shaking her head lightly.

"Thank you for the offer but no need." She said but did she think for a second back there I'll back down?

"We're friends, right?" I asked and she smiled. This is a genuine smile and I never saw it from her.

"Of course."