Chapter 16: Happy New Year!

Waking up with my hair sprawled on my pillow, I craned my neck where Max is and saw that he was still deep in slumber. The blanket barely draped over him since it only covered until his so-called 'happy trail'. Speaking of that trail of happiness, I traced it and Max released a low grumble from his throat and I stopped since I thought I woke him up.

"You little minx. Why'd you stop?" He rasped out. I just smiled at him and planted a kiss on his chest.

"So early in the morning for you to tease me, Andrea. Buon giorno, mi amore." Max grinned and before I can respond, he pinned me down the bed and kissed me.

"Good morning to you, too." I grinned back as I felt his morning wood.

"Hmm." He mumbled while leaving kisses on my neck and I giggled.

"S-" He didn't let me finish because he nipped my newly found weak spot and I cried out in pleasure.

"Still sore, baby." I said but can't help but moan the last word. He laughed and shook his head.

"I would've said 'I don't care' and fúcked you until I get my fill if you were just a normal girl and since you aren't, I'll apologize first for overuse," He smirks, "prepare a bath. I would cook breakfast for you but my family is downstairs and I don't think they'll appreciate that. Nevertheless, I'll all of that because you are the woman I love." Max said and kissed me before he stood up, wore his gray sweatpants and left for the bathroom but before he was out, I giggled and he turned back to me.

"What?" Max asked and raised his eyebrow.

"Your áss is divine." I remarked and he laughed, his chest reverberating as he does.

"Then I have nothing to compare to with yours, Andrea."

"You haven't even conquered that territory yet, Max." I mockingly scolded him and a playful smirk plays between his lips.

"Oh, I plan to."

A promise and a threat was rolled into one sentence. I grinned to myself and prepared myself for that time.

~

"How about a football match?" Andrew popped out as everyone was suggesting how we will spend our last day here in Italy as we go back to Chicago tomorrow then back to work two days after that. Today is New Year's Eve and we're spending it on the plane which was a bit lame but Max promised we will end and start a new year with a bang. Well...

Nikolai was teamed with Andrew and Max was with Marcus who was forced to join because Lucas volunteered to be the referee. Marcus being in between the posts and Andrew scoring one goal already, much to Max's dismay and I got to admit, seeing him not in control for once, it gives you a refreshing feeling and it's a delight to see, well he scored three goals against Nikolai which caused three short tantrums because of his father's failure and his excuse is that football isn't a forte of Greece which made him cry more and Max had enough.

"Listen, Andrew. If I do a bicycle kick for you, will you stop crying?" Max offered a deal and the little boy's tears was stopped in a nanosecond.

"Yes, yes!"

Max sighed and he set the ball in front of him so I got my phone and took a video, I have an idea what a bicycle kick is because my twin brother, Andrew, was a football star back in his high school days and I've seen him do that which excited me to see Max do it.

"It's been years since I've done this so here goes nothing." Max shouted but his family cheered him on.

Defying gravity as he kick, the goal went inside the posts and everyone cheered louder than before as I stood up and clapped after I stopped taking the video. Andrew's eyes twinkled in adoration as Max asked for a high five from him.

I ran to Max and gave him a hug and he grinned but suddenly groaned.

"I think I pulled a muscle." He whispered enough that only I will hear it. I laugh and he just gave me the stinky eye.

"Let's go in and let's put ice in it." I offered a hand as he limped going inside the house.

"Max out and there are no substitutes so Nikolai and Andrew wins!" Lucas announced to everyone's laughter but Max groaned and I shook my head as I assisted him to sit down.

"Andrew really reminds me of my brother." I suddenly said when we were already aboard the plane.

Max kept quiet and just hugged me in our bed. Looking beside the clock, it was five minutes until the next year.

"I don't know how to respond to that, I'm sorry." Max apologized and I gave him a wistful smile.

"No worries. But what happened to your promise though?" I teased and his eyes were immediately clouded with lust and he smirked.

"I was just about to fulfill it." He said.

Clothes aside and passion unleashed, we made love thirty thousand feet above the ground and as soon as our phones vibrated indicating that it's already the first day of another year, it dawned on us we just started another year together as we came down from our high.

I was a moth drawn to blazing flame, a sunken ship's only survivor treading dangerously near a whirlpool, I was my own Aurora tempted to prick myself on a needle.

I burned, I drowned and I will hurt myself.

And yet, I am all accepting those challenges because I know that even if it hurts, Max will be worth it.

"I love you and happy new year, Andrea." Max rasped.

"I love you too." I said and reached for our wine chutes and handed him his glass.

"To us." I toast and he grins.

"To us."

We drink down the liquid to somehow lessen the tension in the room but it only amplified our lust for each other. He placed the glass down in his side of the table and started to kiss various places of my body as he caresses my hair.

"Another round?" I whispered, wishing that was his real intention in the first place.

"Another round for another year." Max smirked and we started to lose ourselves with each other.

I never knew how to end and start a year with a bang until now.

~

A/N: happy new year to you all!!!! (well, it's already a new year here where im from so hahhaha)

may this year be bountiful and a memorable one for you and may God bless you more!

Thank you for this year with the ride with me as you read my work. I cannot express my gratitude enough.

This is probably the most common toast but whatever lol

To more success and blessings this year! (Not only to this story but to each and everyone's personal lives)

Cheers to 2015! yAAAAAS

May you all have a prosperous new year!!!!!!

Katrina xo