Chapter 14: Christmas gifts

It's exactly 1 hour, 53 minutes and 49 seconds away from Andrea and I's second date and I was scared as heck.

I planned a simple date for tonight and I hope I won't disappoint but knowing Andrea's tastes, she'll probably like the date for tonight.

"What should I wear for tonight's date?" Andrea asked as she entered the apartment whilst carrying shopping bags.

"Whatever you like."

"So I can be naked as the day I was born? Damn, if I knew that I shouldn't have bought these lingeries." Andrea scowled and I felt like the room temperature raised ten times and had my blood surging and traveling south as I remembered how Andrea looked like nude. I gulp as I tried to regain my composure and I barely had it.

"I don't think that's recommended. Besides, it's two weeks from Christmas so it must be freezing outside if you're butt naked." I said and tried to get rid of the idea of her again but I knew I was fighting a losing, uphill battle.

"So it's an outside date? Thanks for giving me the hint!" Andrea smirked and I chuckle as I slapped my forehead. Of course, she tricked me into giving her a hint. That little minx.

"Please say something." I said as I stood there and transferred my weight from foot to another foot and swayed awkwardly beside her. I asked her to put on a blindfold and I just lead her up to the rooftop of our apartment where I set up a tent with a transparent roof wherein a fort of pillows and blankets with my MacBook Pro filled with movies and bunch of snacks, a small, candlelit table where our dinner awaits and with a final touch, many Christmas and fairy lights embellished the rooftop to add a bit of Christmas vibes to our date.

"How?" She muttered and I was about to say something but she slapped me gently on my chest.

"Everything is perfect. Thank you, Max. Really. Now let's get this show on the road." Andrea said and I was just very willing to comply.

After eating our well-prepared dinner, I lead her inside the tent and heard her gasp.

"Wow. I never expected you to be this thoughtful. Everything is literally so perfect and I can't thank you enough." She said and kissed me lightly.

After watching tons of movies until our eyes hurt, we decided to call it a night and snuggled into our blankets. Cuddling beside her under the stars that we can see through our transparent roof, I felt like the planets were all aligned because the feeling of having her in my arms like this is other-worldly.

~

It's that time of the year again.

Malls packed, traffic unbearable, and money being spent, Christmas is my favorite season of all time.

Andrea and I decided to buy gifts today because it's her off and me being the boss, I can just take a leave anytime I want.

Since we didn't need to buy lots of gifts, I'm estimating we'll only spent three hours of buying presents for everyone but boy, I was wrong.

"I don't know what to buy for Andrew!" Andrea whined and I shook my head in disagreement.

"It's so easy to buy a little boy a gift for Christmas. Just buy toys for him." I suggested but she threw me a look that meant I should just shut up.

"I know!" She screamed happily as if a lightbulb just got turned on inside her little, pretty mind.

She immediately got her phone and called my sister asking if she can drive Andrew to the mall where we're currently standing on and I just gaped at her in shock. When she dropped the phone, she was smiling like a satisfied Cheshire cat that just lapped a full bowl of milk.