Chapter 30: Trouble Redux

(Andrea's POV)

I've chosen the orphanage choice over the five companies a little over a month ago and I have not regretted any of it. Not at all. In fact, I'm glad I chose it because work would only give me migraines and stress whereas this orphanage gives me joy and happiness whenever I see the kids smiling despite all the hardships they're going through at such a young age.

Every now and then, Max comes to visit the orphanage while I'm volunteering to give the kids some toys or throw a small random lunch party for the kids and the whole organization. He has a heart of gold that is bursting with love that he admits he only shows now and I love him more than ever before.

After a long and tiring day at the orphanage, it's finally a Friday night wherein Max and I would plan if either we will spend our night out or just inside the house and just do what normal couples will do. Movie nights in together with a more-than-often burnt microwaved popcorn, cuddling and making out under the blankets in our living room as we watch and then eventually racing each other to the bedroom and making love. Thank God for Friday nights with the most amazing husband.

Finishing the movie We Bought A Zoo, he nuzzles his head on the crook of my neck and I sigh with content.

"How's the movie?" I asked him and I can feel him smile and I unknowingly do the same.

"It was... good." Max says and I can feel that he was still about to say something else but refrained so I urged him on.

"Tell me." I said and he grins warily and I know this look.

"I just— don't mind me. I mean, watching that makes me want to have the unconditional situation like they have."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Oh you know, like their small unit of society."

Max is being very coy right now and it's misleading me, he's not even trying to get to the point and he wants me to get there whilst he's derailing me. Annoying!

"Really, Maximillian. What is it?"

"Do you promise to keep an open mind? I mean it's normal for everyone and I know, I hope, that you're—"

"Spill the damn beans, Bravucci." I sigh exasperatedly, tired of his track of going roundabouts.

"I want to start a family. I mean seeing that movie just pulled that heartstring that just made me want to have my own. What are you thinking?" Max asked and I gawked at him. Is he expecting me to have an answer right now?

"I can see the gears in your head overworking. No I'm just introducing that thought to you because it seems like it's another way of us showing our love for each other and— let me rephrase that better." Max stopped himself, embarrassed that he said that. Flustered Max is adorable but I don't think he would appreciate it if I call him that. "It's pretty, no, actually it's early for us to start a family. Looking at our relationship in a microscope, we had a whirlwind of romance and we are still young, we should have a lot of time for kids later so we can travel and enjoy other simple pleasures in life just between the two of us but the idea of having kids down the road while traveling and enjoying those other simple pleasures in life, wouldn't that be more pleasurable?"

I was neck-deep in thoughts and I was agreeing with him for everything. It's like he thought about this for a long time already. I, myself, had been thinking about it with our exposure to the kids from the orphanage, I think that's one of the factors why it entered both of our minds without us noticing.

"Another person to care for and love? A person who embodies our love that we have for each other, whom is the whole of our two halves as an individual, coming to life? Because for me, I find that really amazing." Max dreamily states and I can already feel the love that he would offer and selflessly give to our future children.