Chapter 29: Trouble Rewind

(Andrea's POV)

Coming out of our own personal bubble during our honeymoon as we had each other only to ourselves, we got to know each other deeper as an individual. We knew what ticks us off, if we prefer coffee over tea, or our preference between water and wine, so on and so forth. For the first time in our whirlwind of romance, he insisted I had to know what's the bottomline of his bank account and know his net worth and I felt my spirit leave my body in sync with my jaw dropping and eyes popping out of its sockets. He was worth more than I thought and credited him to be, it was a bit expected but I never expected that he had that much of amount. And the fact that the market worth of Bravucci Enterprises, Inc. isn't even counted in his net worth. He laughed when he saw my reaction and mentioned that I should get used to his vast amount of wealth and I replied saying that I would try.

Getting used to his wealth doesn't mean I'll be comfortable using it, without any trace of guilt. What am I contributing to our marriage aside from student loans and past unpaid rent during college?

I had to look for a new job since I quitted as his secretary and it wasn't that hard. I mean, that's what I thought. With my flying colors and credits from college, I was baffled that I was having a hard time looking for a decent job, I guess I was underestimating the need for an occupation in this economy. I huffed as the last company I applied for rejected my application and it was a punch in the gut and pride as out of five companies I applied for, none came back positive. Frustrated, I huffed as I slumped in my new conjugal bed and curled up into a ball. It wasn't before long that I heard my husband enter the room.

"Hey, baby. What's wrong?" Max asked and I can't even reply without a defeated sigh.

"I applied to five companies, Max! Five! And I got a zero reply, for heaven's sake! Zero! Zilch! Nada! No-"

"Okay, I get it, I get it! Just try to breathe. You're being so, er, stressed out it's not good for you." He tried to assure me but it did nothing of the sort. I ignored him and released a frustrated half-scream, half-cry into my pillow and turned off the bed light in my side. He drops his suitcase in his side of the bed and went straight to our bathroom to freshen up. The suitcase was the one I bought for him as a wedding gift as it is the only one that I could afford from the money I saved in my personal bank account from the short time that I was working for him. Nevertheless, he was hesitant to accept it before but since I insisted, he thankfully accepted. I can say he was surprised that I bought him a Louis Vuitton briefcase and I laughed and teased him about me not affording good things in life. Wanting to somehow help him relieve his stress in work, I opened his briefcase and tried to sort the files according to how he wants it to be, arranged by the net worth of the certain company. Luckily he only had a few papers and bought me some time to mentally note the companies name so I can maybe try and apply there. After sorting out around eight files, I saw the latest company that I applied for and saw a deposit of half a million dollars and I was bewildered. Didn't he tell me he wasn't aware of that company since it was not a big player in the world market? I shrugged and arranged it to another file and moved on to the next one and saw the other company that I applied for.

What the heck?

I looked at the remaining three files and saw that those are the other companies that I applied for and they all received half a million! Suspicious as it is, I looked at one of the contracts attached, skimming through the long paragraphs and was enraged with what I knew. The bathroom door opens and I heard Max's shocked gasp.

"What are you doing?" Max asked, eerily quiet as he realises the file that was currently at hand.

"What do you think?" I spat at him and he retreated back with the harsh tone I used but I won't be backing out now.