Chapter 8B: Party (Part 2)

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!" My dad boomed from the stage, catching everyone's attention.

"As we all know, I am now the CEO Emeritus as I handed the position to a very trust-worthy person who I know will do the best of his ability to continue the exemplary legacy that I started with the company so let us now give a warm, round of applause to my son, Maximillian Bravucci!" I stood up and immediately walked towards the stage to join my father.

"Thank you everyone." I said as the crowd started to settle down. "Thank you for everyone who came in their best outfit. If it was up to me, we could have all had a pajama party. Seeing you all in formal get-ups is getting to my nerves." I said and the audience laughed.

"But thanks to the eccentric taste of my dearest brother and CFO who planned everything, it's all down the drain. Now, may I remind you that today is just a Wednesday and there's still work tomorrow and that's why they will not be serving any alcoholic drinks for tonight and instead, partnering with Coca-Cola as our sponsor for tonight, there's free vending machines inside the ballroom if you need a drink." And when I finished, light chuckles and giggles were heard which annoyed me a bit. "Oh so you're thinking I'm just playing around? Well, I'm not. Go to work tomorrow with alcohol running through your veins and you'll find your ass jobless tomorrow. Now, the soda drink is not that lame. You see, there's a plot twist around it." I said seriously and the audience hushed into silence.

"The cap of the bottle won't open until you look for the partner of that bottle and open it together like a screw. The first ten pairs to finish their bottles would have an additional five thousand dollars in their paycheck for the month. May the odds be ever in your favor. Let's start!" I said with a teeny, tiny but of excitement in my voice as my employees rushed to line up on the available vending machines. I went down the stage and before I could sit down, check for new e-mails and respond to them, my dad stopped me in my tracks.

"Hold on, son. You really think I won't let you join the game?" Dad said and I chuckled.

"I figured that you would actually let me get my own but thank you for the bottle, anyway." I said.

Something was compelling me to look for Andrea and when I looked at my right, she was there, with a Coke bottle in hand. I strode towards her as I heard my younger brother wolf-whistle as he witnessed the scene in front of him. Dad probably filled him in on the story.

"Didn't know you wanted to join, Andrea." I said and she looked up at me with amusement dancing in her eyes.

"I'm after the money. Don't flatter yourself too much, Max, you might drown on your ego." Andrea snickered and I had to chuckle at that.

"You're always hurting my ego." I mentioned and she just shrugged with a small smile plastered upon her face.

"Pleasure to do so, Max. Anyways, wanna try and open our bottles?" Andrea asked and I just held out my bottle and she followed suit.

Before we knew it, our bottles opened and Andrea cheered in joy.

"Goddamn, yes! Thanks, Max!" Andrea exclaimed and then kissed my cheek as she dragged me to the stage where my father has this big grin spread across his face because he probably saw everything.

"And we have our first pair and apparently, it's my son and Andrea! Congratulations and nine more pairs to go!"

~

The dance has started and there's an hour left for us before we'll officially end the party.

I saw Andrea with her friends and decided, 'Ah, to heaven with it.' and approached her.

"Excuse me, but can I whisk Andrea away for a while just for a dance?" I asked her group of friends and they all nodded. I gently grabbed Andrea's hand and lead her to the dance floor.

"I never knew you were a sappy romantic, Max." Andrea remarked and I smiled.

"I wouldn't really call myself a 'sappy romantic', Andrea. I'm far from it, really. By the way, thank you for tonight." I said in gratitude and she simply smiled back.

"You're very welcome, Max. I enjoyed the night with you." She said and a light crimson tinted her cheeks. Who knew Andrea Vinson could blush?

The slow dance was coming to an end so I decided to act impulsively but there are no regrets.

I kissed Andrea square on her lips.

Plot twist?

She is actually kissing me back.

Tonight has certainly ended well, one of the few nights I'll never forget. A memory that will refuse to fade, a moment in time that will forever be in my poor, poor heart.

If you ask me what is the greatest mistake I've ever committed in my whole life, that would probably be falling in love with a woman named Andrea Ellis Vinson.

It's a beautiful mistake, to fall for a perfect woman who'll never have feelings for an arrogant, egocentric man like me because she's just too damn good to be true and too good for me.

It is a big mistake.

But it will be my favorite mistake.

~

A/N: I know it's been too long and I'm sorry! :( Recently, I just checked how many reads the story has and it already reached 1.5k so far even if there are less than 10 chapters so thank youuuu! <3

The chapter is too long so I divided into two parts so I hope you don't mind!(This is the longest chapter I've written in my whole life and I'm proud of it. Hehehe)

Vote, comment, fan and share!

Kat xo