XXXV - Caught

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐞." Steve, Dustin and I whisper in unison as we watch the giant machine blast into the concrete wall.

"This is so not good." I mumble before tugging on Steve's arm and nodding towards the door, causing all five of us rush back down the stairway.

"I don't understand." Robin breathes out quickly, as we quickly make our way down the stairs, "You've seen this before?"

"Not exactly." Steve replies, shaking his head slightly.

"Then what, exactly?" Robin asks, quickly whipping her head around to face Steve and I, before turning back around.

"All you need to know it's bad." I pipe in from my spot next to Steve.

"It's really bad." Steve nods, glancing over to Robin.

"Like, end-of-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad." Dustin says as we finally exit the stairway and enter the room where Steve knocked out the Russian.

"And you know about this how?" Robin questions, her eyebrows furrowing together accusingly.

"Um, Steve." Erica interrupts, her eyebrows raised high, "Where's your Russian friend?"

Loud sirens suddenly start blaring through the overhead speakers, causing my eyes to widen. Steve swiftly turns his head in the direction of where the Russian man once laid, only for him to be gone, leaving only a small pool of blood as a trace of his presence. The alarm jolts Steve into action, prompting him to speed over to the door. With caution, he cracks the door ever so slightly, warily surveying the Russian base.

"Halt! Halt!" A few Russian guards yell after spotting Steve, causing him to quickly shut the door.

"Shit." Steve mumbles, turning towards us before the five of us immediately rush back up the stairs, "Go, go, go, go, go!"

"Shit." I mutter, as Steve places an urgent hand on the small of my back to gently nudge me forward faster.

"Move!" Steve shouts as my brother yanks the door to the next room open, "Let's move!"

As we make our way inside the room, all the Russians working at the control panels and standing with their lab coasts on, turn to face us, some of their chairs squeaking in the process. Their faces bare shocked expressions upon witnessing the five of us enter the room.

"Let's go curly!" Erica yells, pushing Dustin to our left where another staircase awaits.

"Go!" Steve shouts, as we run through the control room and the Russian guards burst through, chasing after us, "Shit! Shit, shit, shit! Go! Go! Go!"

We run through the base, down another set of stairs and to a platform which leads all the way to where the giant machine is blasting into the wall, creating the new gate. My brother shrieks, as he shoves a Russian guard out of the way, before the five of us are face to face with the machine.

"Holy shit!" Dustin screams, are we stare at the scene in front of us with shocked expressions, "Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! Shit Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!"

"Guards!" I yell, noticing the group of Russian men making their way towards us, "Go!"

"This way!" Steve gestures us forward, leading us down a another set of metal stairs, shoving a guard down before continuing forward.

"Oh, shit! Oh, shit!" I shout, noticing another group of guards approaching from a near hallway.

With a determined grunt, Steve forcefully pushes a series of barrels towards the Russian guards, knocking over several of them in the process. The ensuing chaos provides us an extra brief second to continue making our escape.