XXXVII - Escaping Evil Russians 101

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 consciousness, Steve and I sit in silence, both of us waiting for any signs of what the Russian doctor injected into is to take effect, but... nothing happens.

As the minutes pass, the two of us become more and more anxious, wondering what the blue liquid is and what it might be doing to us.

"Honestly, I don't feel anything. Do you?" Steve asks, and I feel him shake his head against mine, as we lean our heads together.

"I mean, I... I feel fine." I respond softly, turning my head in attempt to glance at Steve, "I feel normal."

"Yeah, I feel—I feel fine." Steve agrees, nodding his head slightly, "I kinda feel good." He adds and we both burst out into a fit of giggles.

"Wanna know a secret?" I snort, leaning my head even further back onto Steve's shoulder as I attempt to catch my breath.

"What?" Steve asks, tilting his head to the side as my giggles finally subside.

"I like it, too!" I exclaim before the both of us begin to laugh again, "I feel good."

"Morons. They messed up the drug." Steve chuckles before slumping his head forward.

"They messed it up!" I giggle, leaning my head back onto Steve's neck, "Morons!"

"Morons!"

"Hey, Morons! Moron! Mor—"

"Hey!" Steve yells, causing me to giggle even louder, "Whoa-oh!"

"Oh, no." I chuckle again, before my lips pull together into a thin line, "There's definitely something wrong with us."

"Something's wrong." Steve slurs with a big grin plastered across his face.

I begin to laugh again until the sound of the door buzzing and opening sends fear and panic to coarse through me as I whip my head towards the door. When the same group of Russians walks back in, the atmosphere is filled with tension. My pulse quickens when I see the doctor now holding a box. The Russian officer steps in front of Steve, and casts him a sharp look, causing my best friend to swallow hard. My gaze follows the doctor, and I watch as he sets down the box on a nearby table and begins to pull items out. My eyes widen as he removes a large knife, and a lump forms in my throat. I start to feel afraid, not knowing what they plan to do to us with that massive blade.

"Would now be a good time to tell you that I don't like doctors?" I squeak out, shaking my head quickly.

"Let's try this again, yes?" The Russian officer asks Steve with a smirk, and I feel Steve nod and murmur something inaudible from behind me, "Who do you work for?"

"Scoops." Steve says simply, and the both of us start to snicker at his response, "Scoops Ahoy."

"How did you find us?" The Russian asks, his expression sharp and intimidating.

"Totally by accident." Steve chuckles, and I do the same, before I notice the officer mumble something in Russian to the doctor who casually stands by the table.

The doctor shrugs nonchalantly and tilts his head to the side curiously, before he turns to grab a pair of pliers, and begins to walk over to Steve, a growing smirk on his face. My body grows tense with anxiety as I watch him approach Steve.

"What is that shiny little toy?" Steve questions, with a little chuckle.

"What are you going to do with that, doc?" I ask, my words slurring together and my head slumping to one side.

"Whoa," Steve says, as the doctor picks up on of his fingers, starting to use the pliers to pull off his nail, "Whoa, hey, hey. Wait! No! Wait, wait! Whoa!" Steve starts to yell and my anxiety surfaces to my chest.