XL - The Mind Flayer

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝 Flayer." Mike says, as the group of us stand in a circle near the water fountain in the middle of the mall, "It built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world."

"And it almost did." Nancy adds, crossing her arms, as she stands across from me and next to her boyfriend, "That was just one tiny piece of it."

"How big is this thing?" Hopper asks curiously, holding Eleven in his arms, who looks exhausted after everything, the two of them sitting on a bench with large potted plants behind it.

"It's big." Jonathan replies immediately, "Thirty feet, at least."

"Yeah." Lucas shrugs, looking at Hopper with a slightly guilty expression, "It sorta destroyed your cabin."

"Sorry."  Lucas adds with a whisper, before Steve buts in.

"Okay, so, just to be clear." Steve says, waving his hand around and gesturing towards El, "This... this bug fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic... weapon?"

"Yes." Nancy replies instantly, causing me to turn my gaze towards her as she nods her head, rubbing her neck slightly.

"But instead of, like, screws and metals..." Steve continues, his eyebrows furrowing together with confusion, "The Mind Flayer made it's weapon with melted people...?"

"Yes, exactly." Nancy nods again, bringing her hand down from her neck.

"Yeah, okay," Steve responds simply, sending Nancy a quick nod, before shrugging slightly, "I— Yeah, I'm just making sure."

"Are we're sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce pipes in, glancing around the group with concern.

"El beat the shit out of it." Max confirms with a nod, glancing towards the injured girl who is still laying against Hopper's chest, "But yeah, it's still alive."

"But if we close the gate again—" Will starts to explain.

"We cut the brain off from the body." I add, shooting finger guns at the boy who spoke before me, causing him to send me a soft smile.

"And kill it." Lucas concludes with the nod of his head, looking around at all of us, "Theoretically."

"Yoo-hoo!" The unknown man calls from across the room, causing all of us to turn and face him, as he approaches us with many papers waving around in his hands, "Yoo-hoo!"

The group glances at each other with strange expressions, before the unknown man, Murray Bauman, gestures for us to follow him. We do so, and he leads us to the nearest table, placing the many papers that were in his hands down on the surface in front of us. At first glance, they look an awful lot like the blueprints Robin found of the mall, only slightly different, which causes my eyebrows to furrow in confusion.

"What is this?" I ask the man, Murray, tilting my head slightly to get a better glance at the papers.

"They're blueprints." Murray replies simply, causing me to roll my eyes, before glancing up at the older man.

"I can see that, dumbass." I retort, causing Murray's eyes to widen, taken aback by my tone of voice.

"Hey, that's what you call me..." Steve mumbles with a pout, from his spot beside me, causing me to slap his chest, while narrowing my eyes at the man in front of me.

"What are the blueprints of, egghead?" I ask, before crossing my arms, causing my brother and his friends to snicker at my comment.

"The Russian base." Hopper pipes in, sending both me and Murray a glare, almost as if sending us a warning to bring our focus' back onto the task at hand.