THE ONE WITH THE BLACKOUT

EVERYONE EXCEPT CHANDLER, who was running some errands, was sitting in Central Perk waiting for Rachel to announce Phoebe, "Everybody. Shh, shhh. Err, Central Perk is proud to present the music of Miss Phoebe Buffay."

Everyone cheers and applauds, "Alright!!!!" Ross encouraged.

"Thanks. Hi, erm I want to start with a song that's about that moment when you suddenly realise. . . . what life is really all about. OK, here we go." Phoebe introduces.

Phoebe is all ready to start to sing, She strums the guitar and then the power goes off, "OK thank you very much."

˖ ࣪✦ : ✧・゚˖ ࣪✦ : *✧・

AFTER THE POWER went out, the gang went up to Monica, Rachel, and Ella's apartment, Rachel was looking at the blacked out city, "Wow, this is so cool you guys, the entire city is blacked out."

Monica is on the phone with her mom, "Mom says it's all of Manhattan, parts of Brooklyn and Queens and they have no idea when it's coming back on."

"Wow, you guys this is big." Rachel says in amazement.

I sigh, "I guess since I have nothing better to do I'll grade papers."

"Pants and a sweater, why Mom, . . . . who am I going to meet  in a blackout, power company guys, eligable looters, . . . can we talk about this later? Ok." Monica says annoyed.

Monica puts the phone down as I sit on the couch, "Can I borrow the phone, I want to call my apartment and check
on my Grandma.. Wait what's my number?" Phoebe asks causing us to look at her weirdly.

"well I never call me!" Phoebe exclaims.

˖ ࣪✦ : ✧・゚˖ ࣪✦ : *✧・

A LITTLE WHILE later, Joey walks into the apartment and he's carrying a lit menorah, he starts to walk across the room as we give him strange looks.

"Hi everyone." Joey greets.

"And effciating at tonights blackout is Rabbi Tribbiani." Ross says sarcastically.

"Yeah, Joey? Since when are you Jewish?" I add.

Joey puts the menorah down, "Well, Chandler's old room mate was Jewish and these are the only candles we have so, Happy Hanukkah everyone!"

Phoebe cringes, "Eww look, ugly naked guy lit a bunch of candles."

We all run to the window, "Ewwww"

"Oooooo" we all shout.

"Ooo Ooo. That had to hurt." Rachel grimaced.

˖ ࣪✦ : ✧・゚˖ ࣪✦ : *✧・

I STOPPED GRADING papers to answer the phone, "hello?"

I hear Chandler's voice in the other side, "Hey it's me."

"It's Chandler." I tell the rest of the gang before talking into the phone again, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. . . . . " Chandler starts talking in a muffled voice that I couldn't understand.

"What?" I asked.

Chandler kept doing the muffled voice, "I have no idea what you just said." I replied.

"Put Joey on the phone!!!" Chandler says normally.

I hand the phone to Joey, "What's up man?"

Joey listened to Chandler then was in disbelief, "Oh my God . . . . " Joey points rapidly at the phone, "he's trapped in an ATM vestibule with Jill Goodacre. Chandler listen, listen." Joey starts to speak in a muffled voice now.