THE ONE WITH THE STONED GUY

PHOEBE RUNS IN Central Perk looking excited, "Hey guys, guys! Chandler's coming and he says he has, like,
this incredible news, so when he gets here, we could all act
like, you know...," Chandler then walked in and hung up his coat, "Never mind. But it was going to be really good."

"What's going on?" I smile at him.

"So, it's a typical day at work. I'm putting in my numbers, and then big Al calls me into his office and tells me he wants to make me processing supervisor." Chandler explains his date.

"That's great!" We all exclaim.

"So.... I quit." Chandler continued.

"What? Why?" We all turn confused.

"Why? This was supposed to be a temp job!" Chandler explains.

"Uh, Chandler... you've been there for five years." Monica adds.

"If I took this promotion, it'd be like admitting that this is what I actually do." Chandler stood next to me behind the sofa.

"So was it a lot more money?" Monica asks.

"It doesn't matter. I just don't want to be one of those guys that's in his office until twelve o'clock at night worrying about the WENUS." Chandler complains.

Everyone turns to him confused except me, "... the WENUS?" Rachel asks.

"He means Weekly Estimated Net Usage Systems. It's a processing term." I add.

"Oh. That WENUS." Rachel says sarcastically.

Chandler looks at me like I have 3 eyes, "how do you know what WENUS means?"

"What-? oh right, my dad basically has the same job as you so..." I explain.

"So what're you going to do?" Joey asks.

"I don't know. That's the thing. I don't know what I want to do. I just know I'm not going to figure it out working there." Chandler moved to the armchair, me following and sitting on the edge of it.

"Oooh! I have something you can do! I have this new massage client... Steve?" Chandler looks unimpressed, "Anyway, he's opening up a restaurant and he's looking for a head chef."

"Monica pokes Phoebe's shoulder, "Um... hi there."

"Hi! Oh, yeah, no, I know. You're a chef. I know, and I thought of you first,but um, Chandler's the one who needs a job right now, so...." Phoebe turns back to Chandler.

"Yeah... I just don't have that much cheffing experience. Unless it's an all-toast restaurant...or Ella's telling me what ingredients to use." Chandler jokes.

"Well, what kind of food is he looking for?" Monica poked her shoulder again.

"Well, he wants to do some ecclectic, so he's looking for someone who can, you know, create the entire menu." Phoebe explains.

"Oh my God!" Monica says excitedly.

"Yeah, I know!" Phoebe turns back to Chandler, "Well, what do you think?"

"Thanks, Phoeb. But I just don't see myself in a big white hat." Chandler rests his hand on my knee*

"OK." Phoebe pauses before turning to Monica, "Hey Monica! Guess what!"

˖ ࣪✦ : ✧・゚˖ ࣪✦ : *✧・

I WAS DOODLING at the table as Chandler walked in, "Can you see my nipples through this shirt?"

I looked at his chest, "No. But don't worry, I'm sure they're still there." I patted his shoulder and walked to the living room with my sketchbook.