THE ONE WITH THE MONKEY

THE DOOR OPENED to Ross, "Guys? There's a somebody I'd like you to meet."

A monkey is sitting by on his shoulder as he walks in, we all gasp in shock.

"W-wait. What is that?" Monica asks frantically.

"That' would be Marcel. You wanna say hi?" Ross asks as he steps closer to Monica.

Monica takes a step back, "No, no, I don't."

"Oh, he is precious! Where did you get him?" Rachel inquired.

"My friend Bethel rescued him from some lab."

"That is so cruel! Why? Why would a parent name their child Bethel?" Phoebe exclaims.

"Can't disagree with you there Pheebs." I patted her shoulder.

"Hey, that monkey's got a Ross on its ass!" Chandler says as he walks back from the bathroom, I couldn't help but laugh.

"Ross, is he gonna live with you, like, in your apartment?" Monica asks.

"Yeah. I mean, it's been kinda quiet since Carol left, so..." Ross explains.

"Why don't you just get a roommate?" Monica asked.

"Nah, I dunno... I think you reach a certain age, having a roommate is kinda pathe-" Ross looks at all of us realizing what he just said, "....sorry, that's, that's
'pathet', which is Sanskrit for 'really cool way to live'."

˖ ࣪✦ : ・゚˖ ࣪✦ : *

LATER THAT NIGHT, Phoebe is getting ready to sing on stage, and Joey is on his way to Central Perk.

"So you guys, I'm doing all new material tonight. I have twelve new songs about my mother's suicide, and one about a snowman." Phoebe explains as she strums the guitar.

"Might wanna open with the snowman." Chandler nods as Joey enters the coffee house.

"So, how'd it go?" Monica asks after we all greet him.

"Joey sighs, "Ahhhhhh, I didn't get the job."

"How could you not get it? You were Santa last year." Ross groans.

"I dunno. Some fat guy's sleeping with the store manager. He's not even jolly, it's all political." Joey sits backwards on the chair by the small table.

"So what are you gonna be?" I ask.

"Ah, I'm gonna be one of his helpers. It's just such a slap in the face, y'know?" Joey explains.

"Hey, do you guys know what you're doing for New Year's?" Rachel walks over to the couch as we all groan, "Gee, what?! What is wrong with New Year's?"

"Nothing for you, you have Paolo. You don't have to face the horrible pressures of this holiday: desperate scramble to
find anything with lips just so you can have someone to kiss when the ball drops!! Man, I'm talking loud!" Chandler gets up and explains loudly.

"Well, for your information, Paolo is gonna be in Rome this New Year, so I'll be just as pathetic as the rest of you." Rachel sighs.

"Yeah, you wish!" Phoebe scolds.

"Chandler rants, "It's just that I'm sick of being a victim of this Dick Clark holiday. I say this year, no dates, we make a pact. Just the six of us- dinner."

All of us respond monotonously.

"Y'know, I was hoping for a little more enthusiasm." Chandler states.