THE ONE WITH ALL THE POKER

WE ALL SAT around the apartment whistling the theme from The Bridge on the River Kwai as we helped Rachel mail out her resumes.

"Uh, Rach, we're running low on resumes over here." Ross informs from his spot in the living room.

"Do you really want a job with Popular Mechanics?" Monica said as she put the letters into envelopes.

"Well, if you're gonna work for mechanics, those are the ones to work for." Chandler says as I added a stamp to the envelope he was holding.

"Hey, look, you guys, I'm going for anything here, OK? I cannot be a waitress anymore, I mean it. I'm sick of the
lousy tips, I'm sick of being called 'Excuse me...'" Rachel mimicked.

"Rach, did you proofread these?" Ross asks.

"Uh... yeah, why?" Rachel walks towards him.

"Uh, nothing, I'm sure they'll be impressed with your
excellent compuper skills." Ross reads off the resume.

"Rachel exclaims, "Oh my Goood! Oh, do you think it's on all of them?"

"Oh no, I'm sure the Xerox machine caught a few." Joey sighs.

˖ ࣪✦ : ✧・゚˖ ࣪✦ : *✧・

I WALKED INTO Central Perk just coming from the school, I waved at Chandler and Joey who were at at nearby table as I sat on the couch with Phoebe and Monica.

Ten feet away, Chandler and Ross start chitchatting, "You know, I can't believe you. Linda is so great! Why won't you go out with her again?"

"I don't know." Ross sighs.

"Is this still about her whole 'The Flintstones could've
really happened' thing?" Chandler scolds.

"No, it's not just that. It's just--I want someone who...
who does something for me, y'know? Who gets my heart
pounding, who... who makes me, uh..." Ross begins to stare at Rachel lovingly from across the room.

"...little playthings with yarn?" Chandler finishes his sentence.

"What?" Ross turns to Chandler.

Chandler laughs, "Could you want her more?"

"Who?" Ross says cluelessly.

"Dee, the sarcastic sister from Whats Happening." Chandler says sarcastically.

"Look, I am totally, totally over her, OK, I just..." Rachel comes up to the table, Ross lays his head on table, "Hiiii!"

"Hi! How are you?" Rachel motions to their coffees.

"We're fine, we're fine." Ross' heads still leans on the table.

"OK." Rachel smiles and walks away.

Ross keeps staring at her, head on table as Chandler smacks him with a newspaper.

"Well what about you Mr. "All these people think love's for show but I would die for you in secret." Ross argues.

Chandler puts his hand on Ross shoulder, "would you keep it down? She's right there-"

"I don't wanna hear you making fun of me for Rachel when you can't even tell Ella you're madly in love with her." Ross continues.

"Whatever." Chandler looks up to see Joey enter, causing him to laugh.

"Shut up!" Joey shouts.

"We're not--we're not saying anything." Chandler and Ross get up.

"What?" Phoebe asked.