THE ONE WHERE UNDERDOG GETS AWAY

"HEY, ROSS?" Did you know Mom and Dad are going to Puerto Rico for Thanksgiving?" Monica asked as she entered the coffee house.

"No, they're not." Ross stated in disbelief.

Monica sat on the edge of the couch, "Yes, they are. The Blymens invited them."

"You're wrong." Ross replied.

"I am not wrong." Monica laughed.

"You're wrong." Ross repeated

"Monica stated, "No, I just talked to them."

"I'm calling Mom." Ross got up to use the phone as Joey walked in.

"Hey, hey." Joey happily greeted.

"Hey" we all greeted back.

"And this from the cry-for-help department. Are you
wearing makeup?" Chandler asked.

"Yes, I am. As of today, I am officially Joey Tribbiani, actor slash model." Joey said proudly.

"That's so funny, 'cause I was thinking you look more
like Joey Tribbiani, man slash woman." Chandler laughed.

"What were you modeling for?" I asked as I tried to hold back my laugh.

"You know those posters for the city free clinic?" Joey asked.

"Oh, wow, so you're gonna be one of those "healthy, healthy, healthy guys"?" Monica smiled.

"You know, the asthma guy was really cute." Phoebe gushed.

"Do you know which one you're gonna be?" Chandler asked as he handed me the newspaper he was holding.

"No, I hear lyme disease is open, so..." Joey crossed his fingers.

"Good luck, man. I hope you get it." I patted his knee.

"Thanks." Joey smiled.

"Well, you were right. How can they do this to us, huh?
It's Thanksgiving." Ross came back to the armchair.

"Ok, I'll tell you what. How about I cook dinner at my place? I'll make it just like Mom's." Monica offered.

"Will you make the mashed potatoes with the lumps?" Ross asked seriously.

"You know, they're not actually supposed to have-" Monica stopped mid sentence once Ross made a face, "...I'll work on the lumps. Joey, you're going home, right?"

"Yeah." Joey smiled.

"And I assume, Chandler, you are still boycotting all the pilgrim holidays." Monica stated.

Chandler smiled, "Yes, every single one of them."

"Ella, Are you going home for your thanksgiving birthday?" Monica asked as Chandler put his hand on my shoulder.

I smiled, "nope. I'm gonna stay here this year."

"Phoebe, you're gonna be with your grandma?" Monica turned to Phoebe.

"Yes, and her boyfriend. But we're celebrating Thanksgiving in December 'cause he is lunar." Phoebe explained.

"So you're free Thursday, then." Monica asked.

Phoebe's eyes lit up, "Yeah. Oh, can I come?

"Yeah. Rach, are you thinking you're gonna make it to Vail?" Monica questioned.

"Absolutely. Shoop, shoop, shoop. Only a hundred and two dollars to go." Rachel exclaimed.

"I thought it was $98.50." Chandler inquired.