Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Priceless

"Stupid kid!" I closed my eyes tightly when my back hit the wall behind me. My grip on the hem of my uniform tightened.

"You really think that we like you to be our friend that's why we're always letting you join us for lunch?" The leader of my bullies pulled my wrist harshly.

In my fifth grade, a group of girls from the higher grade approached me and started hanging out with me. I don't have any friends here in Canada and out of impulsiveness, I gladly grabbed it immediately. I want to have friends, a lot of kids here don't want me because I'm a foreigner.

But weeks later, I noticed that they're just being nice to me because of one thing: My neighbor.

I don't even know his name but he's older than me, I think he's their classmate. I was just 10 years old, that boy always talked to me, he already introduced himself but I forgot it. I didn't remember it because I was not interested.

"W-what did I do?" I stammered.

As a kid and in a foreign country, I feel like I'm always at fault.

"I told you to tell Mike that he should take me out!" My friend - or my-so- called friend shouted directly at my face.

"We don't like you to be our friend! You stupid! So easy to fool! We are just using you! But you're useless! Such a waste of time!" She added.

That's when they started bullying me.

Easy to fool. That's me way back then. I was so young and naive, I was so eager to have friends that led me to be fooled by manipulative people.

I am lost...so, so lost.

I promised myself that I would never be like that version of myself again. I would not have this attitude if I'd never experienced that dark part of my life. I'm blaming my parents for leaving me and let me live only with my grandparents beside me.

Bianca's words keep on repeating inside my head like a broken disk. I want to cry and let out all my frustrations but I don't want to satisfy her. I don't want her to see me weak just because of her lies.

She's lying... I know.

"I pity you" she mocked.

"Don't! I don't need anyone's pity! So fucking nonsense! You better shut the fuck up!" I blurted. Malalim na ang paghinga ko dahil sa doble dobleng emosyon.

I don't know what to believe now!

"Oh, no..." Ngumisi siya at hinawi ang buhok papuntang likod niya. She waved the flag that was supposedly mine while still smiling, mockingly.

"I'll give you time then. We still have two days here. Tanungin mo siya, maybe this time maging honest na siya." She shrugged her shoulders as if it was just nothing to her.

"Stop spitting gibberish!" Pilit kong pinapatapang ang aking sarili kahit na alam kong rinig niya ang pagkabasag ng boses ko kaya mas tagumpay siyang ngumisi.

"I'm not lying. I'm not a liar. It's up to you kung magpapakatanga ka pa. Hindi mo alam, gabi-gabi mong katabi ang totoong nanloloko sayo" the way she surely said those words is making me lose my mind. There's no trace of lying on her voice.

Umiling ako nang paulit-ulit dahil kahit alam kong maaaring tama siya ay pinilit ko ang sarili na isiping siya ang manloloko sa kanilang dalawa ni Raven.

I refused to believe that the man I like, the man my heart beats, the man I see my future with, and the man I see as a father of my children is fooling me from the very beginning .