Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Trigger Warning! This chapter contains physical abuse! Read at your own risk!

Uncovered

Simply said, the truth is an assertion of fact. People are driven by their desire for information and need to satisfy their curiosity to know the truth. 

Yet, the truth can occasionally be unpleasant  or bitter and may leave you feeling unsatisfied rather than content. 

In my case right now, the truth is more important than happiness. Sometimes, the truth is really unpleasant, which can make us—people, unhappy. But it's always preferable to learn the truth, even doing so would make some of us unhappy. 

"M-mommy?" 

"Kalvin! Please!" My mother banged the door. 

I was four. 

"Give me my daughter!" She cried. 

"M-mommy, mommy." I tugged the hem of her dress to get her attention. 

"Ikulong mo kami dito pero huwag mong ihiwalay ang anak ko. Please" she pleaded again. Napaupo na siya sa sahig at umiiyak. 

"Mommy, san na si ate?" I crawled and went to her lap. She immediately embraced me. 

"Baby," she cried. 

"We will get your twin sister, alright? Tapos tatakas na tayo dito. Hmm?"  I was staring at her swelling face. 

"Mommy, ouch?" I asked and gently touched the bruise under her eyes. 

Napapikit siya at hinuli ang aking kamay. She kissed it and cried more. Napa hikbi na ako dahil sa nakikita. My mommy is hurting, dami sugat. 

"Shh, anak. Di na mag cry si mommy." She said, calming me. 

The door harshly opened and it hurt her back. Malakas na sumigaw si mommy at niyakap ako nang mahigpit. I tried to peak but she covered me. She was crying hard. 

"You!" I heard daddy's voice. 

"Stand up!" He roared. Hinigit niya ang braso ni mommy, not to mention her wounds there. 

"I said, stand the fuck up!" Sa gulat ay tumalsik ako dahil sa paghila niya kay mommy.

"Bad! Daddy!"I cried and ran towards him. I was about to punch his legs but he caught my arms......it hurts. 

"Aww!" Malakas na daing ko at umiyak pa Lalo. 

"Shut up!" Sigaw niya at binitawan ako. He was about to slap me but mommy slammed something to his head. 

"Come on! Cassiopeia!" Mabilis akong tumakbo at kumapit sa kamay niya. 

"Cristina! I'll kill you!" I heard him groan angrily. I looked back and he was trying to stand up despite the blood dripping down from his head. 

"Cas! Baby? Where are you?!" Mommy shouted while roaming around this huge house. We used to be happy here. 

My twin is not here, binuksan na namin lahat ng room pero wala pa rin si ate. 

"You can't escape from me, Cristina!" Like a zombie, he chased us. 

"Anak" mommy cried and carried me. Mabilis siyang tumakbo dahil hinahabol na rin kami ng bodyguards dito. 

"Hulihin sila!" My father's voice thundered. It gives shivers down my spine. 

"Takot ako, mommy" I whispered and buried my face on her shoulder.