Day 2: The Morning After

Y/N's POV:

I woke up in Scarletts arms, she was again - still asleep. For once i didnt have this heavy feel of regret in my stomach waking up by her side. Instead i was smiling.

I pulled myself really carefully out of her arms, trying to allow her to sleep for a little bit longer. I grabbed a large button up shirt which i think was Scarletts which wasnt tied up at the waist anymore. I also pulled on some panties before heading downstairs.

I walked into my kitchen and started to prepare a small breakfast for Scarlett when she wakes up. I made up some pancake batter before leaving it to set for a moment. After around 10-20 minutes I got a pan out, oiled it up and started making some pancake stacks.

I smiled to myself, proud of my work, before putting it on a tray and taking it upstairs carefully with two glasses of water. I stopped at the bedroom entrance, moving the glasses off the tray and onto the dresser before walking over to Scarlett.

She was still asleep, but seemed to be stirring as i watched her. I placed the tray o the bedside table next to her and sat next to her, smiling at her as her eyes fluttered open.
"Well good morning.." she mumbled, rubbing her face with her arm. I chuckled.
"Morning sleepy head."

Her raspy voice had sent me ever so slightly, but i was starting to get more used to the feelings she made me feel, more coming to terms with them? They felt more like a warm embrace than a cold shock now, much different from yesterday morning.

I pointed at the pancakes and she smiled at me, leaning up and pecking my lips. We didnt progress the kiss because.. well morning breath exists.

We sat in a comfortable silence as we ate, ocasionally Scarlett would compliment my cooking while i accepted the compliments, claiming that she definitely cooked better when i was at her house in LA. That felt like an age ago but in reality, it was only a few weeks ago.

"What would you like to do today Scar?" I asked, settling back into bed after finishing my pancakes.
"Im not sure... what is there to do?" She asked. I thought for a moment before having an idea.
"If you're up for it, we could head to the nearest town, its market day so we could have a mooch around the market!" i offered.

Scarlett stopped for a moment and looked at me in shock. I cocked my head to one side, "what?!" i asked shocked and offended by her glare.
"Y/N, what the fuck is a mooch!" she laughed, wiping her lips from the pancake with a tissue that was beside the bed.

I laughed, forgetting she was actually American for a moment. "Its a british word for a browse.. a wander.. an explore?" i explained, realising my mistake in wording. She nodded understandably before pausing and bursting out with laughter again.

I smiled at how adorable she was being. "What? you dont like the way i pronounce stuff Johansson?" i joked.
"Hmm... of course i do, was just quite confused for a moment there, thought you were making up words on me... still dont think thats a real word!" she laughed, reaching for her phone.

She pulled up google, not trusting me at all in this. "Right, it says here that a mooch is a 'wander in a casual or listless manner.'" she explained, pursing her lips together. I giggiled.
"I cant believe you didnt believe me! im so offended!" i placed my hand on my chest and acted offended, earning me a light tap on the arm.

"You're such a dork!" Scarlett yelled out, laughing and putting her phone away. I smiled at her before climbing over her to get to the bathroom to go and get ready for the day. Only i didnt make it that far as she grabbed my hips, capturing me straddled over her lap.

"Eager for round 2 so soon Y/L/N?" she joked, a smirk spreading across her face. I blushed violently which made her laugh. "Go on, go get ready, i can wait." and with that she let go of my hips and tapped my upper butt to send me on my way.