Day 4: Work Talk

Y/N's POV:

I made it to work early the next morning. Today i was working pretty much all day and i didn't know when i'd be able to speak to Scarlett but i knew we had a few scenes together today, including a steamy flashback scene.

Apparently we'd be filming a PG13 kissing scene today as a flashback to our time together in the red room. I knew that our characters had romantic interests but i honestly didn't expect this from marvel. Looking into it, this would be the first on screen kiss for an LGBT marvel character so i think there was a lot of pressure on today for Scarlett and I to make history.

As well as this, nobody knew about Scarlett and I's current dating status and i don't know how plausible it would be for us to be known as actively dating while filming this movie. It could be frowned upon. Scarlett had texted me telling me what the scenes were today before i went in but i was still taken off guard by how many people where here today to help set up the scene.

Makeup took twice as long for some reason and costumes and outfits were specifically picked for me and Scarlett to look like we were on an undercover mission. The longer it took the more nervous for the scene i got.

"So Y/N, we'll give some context for you as we understand that the scenes have been everywhere and are quite hard to piece together at the moment. So this scene with Scarlett today will be a kiss scene, it's a flashback to you guys time at the red room - a mission that you were sent on externally. The scene is going to be used to bring context to the long history of Natasha and your character. We'll also film another flashback scene at some point which will be how you guys ended up falling out, we will send the script for that soon but that will be based after this scene." Cate explained to me while i was getting final touches done.

I was sat in my chair watching the scene be set up around me. It was a small hotel room with two twin beds in the centre and an old fashioned TV set in the corner. The general colour theme is brown and it looks kind of dirty, but obviously i know it's fake. The lighting team were currently positioning lights on the scene at a dim setting and another light outside the fake window, letting in a cosy aura of light.

I was quite nervous for this scene and at acting as if me and Scarlett haven't kissed before, but a piece of me was also quite excited for this.

I spotted Scarlett in the corner of my eye and i followed her with my eyes while the makeup artist adjusted a fake cut on my cheek. They obviously noticed who i was staring at and smiled at me. "She's an incredible actress isn't she?" they said.

I smiled and returned my gaze to the makeup artist. "I definitely agree." I left them with a soft smile as they closed their colour pallet.
"And so are you, good luck today!" they said, very friendly. I smiled at them and gave them a small thumbs up, a little more nervous now.

I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and opened up mine and Scarlett's chat.

Y/N: "Looking good S 🤭"

I pressed send then watched Scarlett as she reached for her phone. I saw a little smirk come onto her face before she looked up and made eye contact. She winked then returned her gaze to the script that was next to her.

I looked away and sighed loudly, this was it.

After a small while, we were finally called to start the first take. Scarlett and I stepped forward and started off on our marks, Cate stood next to the main camera, this scene was going to be filmed in one shot with one camera to make it seem more intimate, the camera found be steadily zooming in and moving closer to us until it climaxed with our kiss.

My nerves began to build as i ran through my lines in my head and fiddled with the fake rings on my hand. My palms felt quite sweaty, i hated this bit before they shouted "action" as i always hate build ups. It's as if as soon as they say action i can entirely relate to the character and just commit to the moment.