Night 4: Facetime

Y/N's POV:

When i finally got home for the evening from set it was about 11 O Clock and i was tired but i wanted to stay up and wait for Scarlett's call. I didn't really know if she would phone me tonight or tomorrow but her words from the night before knocked around in my head.

She said that no matter what happens in the day, she would always be all mine at night and i think i was really clinging onto that. I know that i can be quite needy, but i think that it isn't unhealthy if the other person is okay with that. You just have to gauge each others boundaries which me and Scarlett were in the process of currently doing.

I decided to throw some chicken nuggets into the oven to cook for a late night dinner. I wasn't really hungry enough for a whole meal now but i was more than happy to have a bit more of a snacky meal.

I sat down on my island, the house feeling empty without Scarlett roaming around which made me a bit sad. It felt as if we had wasted that time together that we had as neither of us really made any moves while we lived together. I didn't realise how much i actually liked her yet and i was confused. I never realised how much her presence relaxed me and comforted me.

Ugh. is it bad that i miss her?

Suddenly my phone started ringing with a facetime from none other that Scarlett herself. I practically lurched at my phone and pressed the green button as quick as i possibly could.

I pulled myself up off the island and brushed myself off.
"My god Y/N?! what the hell did you just do!" Scarlett's familiar laugh entered my ears and i smiled.
"You called. I answered, simple!" i explained my actions with a cheeky smile.

She laughed infectiously, causing me to join her.

"How was work love?" i asked, settling back into my seat and grabbing a sip of my drink which nearly went flying. Scarlett's face lit up looking at my face on her screen which made me pull a funny face at her. "Come on blondie! i asked a question!" i exclaimed and she laughed.

"Sorry, sometimes your words don't go in when your looking all attractive like that-" she explained. I gasped and put my hand on my chest.
"Wow, i can't believe you don't listen to me Johansson!" i joked, acting shocked.

Scarlett laughed again and winked. "Work was good, i really love acting Y/N, and today for some reason, i just really loved today." she passionately explained. I smiled, admiring her excitement and passion for her life and listened to her talk about what had made her love her job so much today.

"That's amazing love, im so proud and pleased for you!" i commented. Scarlett smiled at me then returned the question.

"I mean.. i enjoyed before i went to work to be honest.. i usually really enjoy work don't get me wrong, just today felt a bit slow for me but it was still good!" i said, neutral in tone.

"Oh, well, what cheered you up before going to work?" Scarlett asked, leaning her head on her chin to give me her full attention. It was at this point the oven went off so i propped her up facing the oven and put an oven glove on to get my food out.

"I mean, i phoned my mum up, she says my brother and dad are good and i told her a bit about the new movie and stuff, Well, what i could. Anyway, i talked about the premiere and my time in LA and stuff and it was really good to think back like that. Even though it wasn't that long ago it feels like an age ago after everything that's happened Scar oh my god. I talked to her about you, i haven't mentioned our.. situation.. but like, i'd love to do that when we're more settled and stuff. Sorry, i'm rambling." I spoke fast and passionately while getting the food out the oven and dishing it onto a plate.

I found some sauce in the fridge and added that to the plate before returning to my seat and facing Scarlett on the phone.
"It's so amazing to hear you talk like that Y/N. I've basically liked you since i first saw you on set at endgame.. our first scene together..." she thought about it for a moment. "It was only the one but oh my god we had such good chemistry in it! I think that's why Kevin dragged you back for Black Widow!" She winked with her compliment.

"Scar.. that brings me so much joy." was all i could say. I can't say i've liked her since that moment, i've admired her and been interested in her, but i wouldn't say i liked her until i spent more time with her. One of my love languages is definitely quality time and i think that really contributes to how my feelings develop overtime for people.

"I'm glad." She replied with a small smile. "Now, what are you eating!" she giggled. I laughed back and picked up the phone to turn it round to show her my chicken nuggets. "Nice!" was all i heard from the other end and i laughed.

"Scar?" i asked, putting the phone back down. She gave me a look of concern but i knew what i was about to say and i think she did as well.

"I know you kinda have your own place but seeing as we only have time here together for the filming and then you'll be going back to New York.. would you like to continue to live here with me? Not move in, just be here like before only now it's a bit different..." i asked, my confidence coming from absolutely no where.

"Y/N..." she looked lost in thought for a moment. "I really really like that idea, and i must admit, i have also thought about what we'll do once i have to go home to New York... i don't know yet, but i would love to move back to your place if your offering! But.. i think we should also have time apart so we aren't on top of each other, so sometimes i will come back to my house but sometimes yours? Would that be okay? I don't want to rush this because i really want this to be perfect..." she trailed off on her suggestion.

"Scarlett, i think that's an amazing idea. I don't want to move in either, we've only been officially dating for maybe a week? Who moves in with each other after a week?! It's just, because both our work is demanding and we do a lot of long hours, i'd just love if the nights were ours?" I explained my thought process.

"I like that idea too. We'll think of some days i can stay over at work tomorrow okay? for now, im so exhausted after tonight, could we talk more in person?" She asked.

I nodded, responding with a yawn. "Seems like someone else needs some rest to!" she giggled. I giggled in return, feeding myself the last chicken nugget.

"Until tomorrow then my love." i smiled.
"Until tomorrow. Goodnight!!" she blew me a kiss. I blew one back and we ended the call.

I agreed with her. I didn't want to move in with her, it was way to early for that. But i did want to spend as much time as possible with her. We still wernt even girlfriends yet which again, i was comfortable with, but outside of work we would get no time together unless we did this.

I nodded to nobody in particular and put my mess in the dishwasher, setting it off before heading upstairs to bed. I needed sleep as well. I got ready for bed and as soon as i hit the pillow, i fell asleep, dreaming of Scarlett cuddling me.

AN: Sorry for missing a week, i've been a bit off lately and haven't had the motivation to write so wanted to drag out uploading this pre-written chapter for a while.

IN OTHER NEWS: Scarlett sent me a freakin video?!?! I KNOW!! Gatekeeping tho so sorry 😭