Day 3: Back to Work

Y/N's POV:

We drove home the next morning, i let Scarlett drive, directing her as my legs were a little wobbly from the previous night. This bought Scarlett a lot of laughter and joy when i got out of bed the next morning and fell flat on the floor.

I scolded her and told her to help me up, which she gladly obliged but she didn't stop laughing that's for sure. I didn't even know that sex could have that affect on you!

After a light breakfast I locked up and we headed out as we both knew we were needed in for work that evening for some darker scenes. We spent a while driving back as Scarlett wasn't familiar with the roads but that was okay, we got to spend more time together.

She insisted that we went back to mine and Scarlett would get her driver back to her own. She had explained how she 'didn't trust my ability to use my legs' which i took great offence in! We both ended up laughing for a while.

When we finally got back to my house, Scarlett opened the door for me and jokingly picked me up to carry me in. "Im not that bad!" i complained but she just laughed ignoring my comment and opening my door for me. She dumped me on the sofa and smiled at me cheekily.

She leaned down, kissed me goodbye before setting off back to her house. I knew i'd see her later but i was on cloud nine and already missing her as soon as she left.

I was so happy when i was around her that just being without her for a measly few hours bought me great sadness. I hoped that she reciprocated those feelings too.

Now, i had managed to get up the stairs and take a shower to get ready for work later. I was quite tired after the lovely trip we'd had but i was ready for work. I got into a simple plain T-shirt and jeans before heading back downstairs to get something to eat.

I made myself a sandwich and sat on the sofa for a while, relaxing for a moment. I decided that this would be a good moment to facetime my family. I hadn't really talked to them for a while as i'd been quite busy but felt as if they warranted a call.

I dialled my mums number on facetime and waited patiently for her to pick up. After about 4 rings her face appeared on my screen. She looked out of breath and i chuckled. "You okay mum?" i asked.

"Yeh! sorry your father was getting me to help him with something on his pc and your brother is absolutely driving me up the wall!" I laughed. Since i had moved away she had just my dad and brother living with her. My brother was still quite young when i left, was an unexpected arrival but he was nearly 18 now and finishing up school before looking into universities.

I also had an older sister but none of us had talked to her in a number of years. She kind of went off grid and none of us knew why. Last we heard she was living in  Canada with her husband.

"Men am i right? How are they doing?" i asked generally.
"All good this end lovely, how is everything with you? how was the premiere? i know that was a while ago but it's been a hot minute since we talked!" She sat down and picked up a mug which i assumed had coffee in.

I told her about my initial nerves entering the MCU and how Scarlett had been so lovely. I also told her about how Sam had been so support and had accompanied me to the premiere so i wasn't doing it alone. I also told her how supportive Chris Hemsworth had been. She gushed at that, i knew she'd always been a bit of a Chris fan.

I found it funny when she said "Oh that's so Chris!" when i told her that he checked in on me before and during the premiere. I laughed at that because to her, these people are out of this world and untouchable but to me they're just my neighbours or my friends or my co-workers so it really doesn't phase me.

Though i did admit to her i was quite starstruck to be in the presence of THE Scarlett Johansson when i first met her.
"Oh darling!" she replied laughing, "I would be too, she seems like a lovely person, didn't you say you guys had been hanging out outside of work? Your doing your next job with her as well aren't you? i know you can't say much but details please!" she begged.

I laughed, she knew about the contracts i had to sign for marvel that had basically sworn me to secrecy but she still tried anyway. I still wasn't sure if i wanted her to know about my current relationship status but she hadn't asked about that so i decided to just be totally honest about my current situation, meticulously avoiding the sex and dates part.

"Well.. Scarlett is absolutely something else. Actually, after the premiere, she took me to the marvel after party and we all hung out. I got quite drunk and found myself at her house the next morning. She had taken care of me, left me some meds, clothes and stuff for the day and let me stay in her house while i remained in LA. Was so freakin kind of her!" I explained passionately.

"Oh that's so kind of her! was it nice living with her?" Mum prompted.
"Yes it was, it was so amazing that when we came back to London to start filming our current project, which i'm sorry i cannot say any more than what the press know, but anyway, i offered her to come and stay with me as she left her house key back in LA that was needed for her house here!" i continued.

"Oh that's so kind of you darling! Quite unusual though, i swear, usually these actors like their own space.. like considering you guys are working together day in and day out at the moment!" she explained. I nodded, understanding what she meant. I mean in a normal job you wouldn't want to work and live with your housemate?

"I know mum, i understand that but it's very different with Scarlett.. i don't know how to explain." Was the response i decided on.
"I know what you mean darling, Scarlett sounds like a really special friend that i hope sticks around after your movie." Mum exclaimed.

I nodded my agreement. A small part of me being reminded of our impending timeframe on our time in the same country. I brushed that aside again, a problem for closer to the time.

"Right Mum, i've got to head out and get to set for this evening, we're filming some darker scenes tonight so opted for some late night filming!" i chuckled, getting up from my seat to grab my keys and leave the house.

"Of course my darling girl, you stay safe okay? Have a good day at work and do call us soon! i miss you tones!" she waved at me through the phone and i waved back.
"Of course Mum, maybe i'll even get Scarlett involved so you can see how lovely she is yourself?" i asked, genuinely curious if she could contain herself for a conversation like that.

"Oh that would be wonderful! i promise i'll contain myself. Anyway, get to work, lots of love!" She started blowing me kisses down the screen which i caught and then blew back,
"Bye, love you!" i shouted before ending the call.

I put my phone in my handbag on the side and picked it up. I shifted the keys into my other hand and walked out to the garage. Scarlett had parked the 4x4 in its spot absolutely perfectly and i smiled at the thought. I opted for a smaller more low-key audi today and hopped in before heading to the office.

After reaching work, i was rushed straight to makeup and put immediately into character. Apparently we'd be continuing the pursuit scenes. This one i would enter the dingy caravan and hunt around for clues about Natasha's whereabouts. Scarlett was on a different part of set for today filming something else with Flo. I saw them both in passing but not enough to have a conversation. Scarlett had given me a small smile and a wink while Flo had waved dorkily at me making me giggle.

I filmed my scenes and i was done for the evening. Opting to wait it out for Scarlett before heading home to try and catch up with her. However, Flo came out before her and came up to me.
"Scar said you'd be waiting, she's been held back for some extra solo scenes tonight in the caravan, she's asked that you don't wait up and she'll call you later." Flo explained.

I nodded, a little disheartened but knew that we both had jobs we needed to do so wasn't too upset. Plus, the idea that she'd call me later was enough to make me very happy. I didn't want to upset her by waiting around and i wanted to do all i could to please her.

Oh god i'm such a bottom...