Ch.14- Opinions on The Eiffel and Korean Hotpot

I woke up early at 7 a.m., and the first thing that crossed my mind was Sameer. I felt a pang of guilt.

I felt guilty for developing feelings for a guy I had only met a day ago, a guy who was ridiculously good-looking, without really knowing what kind of person he was. I was aware that my attraction to appearances alone could potentially come at a cost someday.

But he was so nice to me......

He had killed for me......

I mean...... isn't that cute?

All these thoughts swirled through my mind.

I gazed out the window, taking in the morning sun's rays as they cast a golden glow upon the Seine River. I noticed how the sunlight played upon the side of the Louvre pyramid, and how the Eiffel Tower partially obscured the sun's full view.

Then, I found myself forming a highly unpopular and polarizing opinion about that iconic tower. An opinion that might get me canceled from society someday.

In my eyes, the Eiffel Tower was an eyesore—an overhyped and overrated structure that people fantasized about for no good reason. It marred the beauty of Paris, which, in my view, was most enchanting when seen from a high-rise building.

For some inexplicable reason, my brain decided to wage war against the Eiffel Tower.

I spent the entire day in my room, from morning until 6 p.m., engaging in strange, aimless activities throughout the vast, palatial apartment I was staying in. The living room was so enormous and empty that it could have easily accommodated a ballroom dance for twenty people. I was so captivated by the numerous curtains adorning the glass windows that I lost count after reaching the 143rd curtain.

Room service arrived to clean the apartment and was taken aback to find me in an unusually happy and cheerful mood, quite different from my usual grumpy self. Around 3 p.m., after a leisurely lunch, I prepared in the kitchen, I took another shower, my heart racing with anticipation. I contemplated what to wear for the surprise dinner.

In the end, I chose a flowing blue A-line georgette dress that reached down to my ankles, featuring a boat-shaped neckline. I straightened my hair for the occasion. On my feet, I wore pink sandals with thick heels and kept a white jean jacket handy in case the evening turned chilly, as the dress was sleeveless. I finished my look with soft pink makeup, giving myself a gentle and glamorous appearance.

Around 5:50 p.m., the doorbell rang, and I hurried to answer it, finding Sameer waiting on the other side.

My heart leaped with joy at the sight of him, dressed entirely in black. He wore black jeans paired with a black Oxford shirt, and today, he appeared taller than I remembered from yesterday. The moment our eyes met, his eyes lit up, and a half-smile graced his lips. I knew I looked beautiful, and I wanted him to confirm it.

"How do I look?" I asked him eagerly, anticipation filling the air. There was profound admiration in his eyes that slowly turned into a profound sadness. He averted his gaze from me to his shoes.

"Let's go," he invited me, Opening the door, it was clear that he would not answer my question.

I felt devastated. Of course, Sameer knew he was handsome; it was painfully obvious that all the girls wanted his attention. And I had been one of them, making a complete fool of myself. I swore never to seek his opinion of me again.

We left the hotel together. The sun was shining brilliantly, and thankfully, there was no rain in sight.

"Where are we going?" I inquired.