Ch. 15- Daddy's Good Girl

"You actually don't like the Eiffel Tower?"

He asked me with wonder, holding my hand as I stepped down from our Rolls Royce. I clutched my purse closer to my chest while exiting.

"That thing looks like an eyesore to me," I admitted.

Sameer chuckled at me.

"You didn't actually do any research before coming here, did you?" 

I shrugged, asking, "How did you guess that?"

"You seemed much less enthusiastic about traveling here," he admitted. I sighed. Whenever I go on vacation, I focus less on typical touristy sightseeing and more on my own mental relaxation, enjoying the local cuisine, and having some downtime.

"Well, I was going through a rough time when I arrived here, don't you remember?" I asked him.

"And now?" His question prompted a deep sigh from me.

"What do you suggest?" I inquired. He looked around and then asked, "Care for a walk?"

I didn't protest.

Sameer put his hands in his pockets, and we started to walk aimlessly

Sameer put his hands in his pockets, and we started to walk aimlessly. I noticed a few Volkner guards discreetly scattered around to provide us with some privacy.

"What do you usually do on a trip?" Sameer asked.

"I mainly eat and sleep. I thrive in laziness," I admitted, which earned a chuckle from him. "You're not a fan of sightseeing?"

"Eh, when I'm alone, I prefer less risky activities like exploring new places. Most of my trips revolve around food and relaxation. Plus, if I had the money, I'd indulge in some shopping. I'm not a fan of crowds..."

"Hmm... What would be your dream luxury trip?" Sameer inquired.

"Mine? Well, it would involve cruising to both the North and South Poles. But the cost of those luxury cruises is staggering! Nearly 50 thousand euros per trip!"

"That's insane," Sameer replied.

"I know! The NHS doesn't even pay me enough." I sighed in frustration

"Then why become a government doctor?" Sameer asked me. I spared him the truth; he should never know how stupid I felt.

"I lost focus on my dreams..."

"What were your dreams, Kaya?" He asked. I realized we were standing by a beautiful Seine bridge adorned with golden gargoyle statues, with the top of the Palais Garnier visible in the distance.

"I wanted to be a writer, a filmmaker. But filmmaking isn't considered a respectable job in my country, so I couldn't pursue it. I didn't even dare to discuss it with my parents. Somedays I wanted to be this big, gigantic, marvelous business tycoons who will have lots of properties and businesses and stuffs all around the world..."