Ch. 23- Let Me Ruin Everything Like an Idiot

Streetlights kept passing before my eyes.

Rhys kept me pressed hard on his neck, on his body. One of my eyes is closed due to it.

My anti-anxiolytic started its calming effect. I might have cried for 8 hours with breaks; my lids were burning in pain. I could not keep my other eye open.

Marco was sitting in front of us, he was resting his forehead on his right arm, which was on his seat handle. His legs were crossed.

The car was going for a long period.

Where was I taken?

I was almost in my somber state when a loud buzz of ringtone woke me up. Marco received the phone and spoke in German.

"Who?"

Rhys hissed at him.

"Aunt Maria and Uncle Royce are on their way..."

So, was Marco Rhys's cousin? Wow. Who would have guessed?

I felt a stab of betrayal in my heart. Every single person played this game with me. Everyone. From the guards to the butlers.

The only person who tried to be honest with me was John. I wished I had heard his words on day one when he told me to keep Maria Volkners' name away from this thing.

I wish I was smart enough to understand.

Rhys slowly started to caress his fingers on my arms, each stroke made my skin shiver with hatred and disgust. But I had to tolerate this, I needed to survive this ordeal anyhow.

At that moment I started to realize how much I was missing Sameer.

How badly I wanted Sameer to come and save me from this.

But who was going to make my foolish heart understand I was literally in Sameer's arms, and Sameer was never there to begin with?

And the worst part is, Volkners will be here, to meet them. Perhaps they might meet me as well.

I wanted to stop thinking and stop worrying about everything.

The speed of the car started to slow down. Then it halted.

Someone opened the door, I had no idea to date how he managed to get up carrying me like that in his arms, but he got up, and I realized that we were not in the hotel compound

We were standing in front of a tall building, at least 20 stories. It had a similar look to the Hotel, but it was different.

My brain assumed this might be Volkner's Paris HQ, and I was right. It was Paris HQ.

"Should I bring a wheelchair?" Guiseppe asked Rhys, indicating me. Rhys kept looking at him for exactly 10 seconds,

"Did I ask?"

Who was talking? Who was this man? Who was he?

I had never seen in my life that someone shift their personality like this. Was he suffering from multiple personality disorder? No. If he had that he would not have control over his behaviors. But he was very well controlled, well poised.

There was fear in everyone's eyes, fear of his presence.

He carried me inside, my brain was too tired to register where I was, but the interiors were very similar to Paris Hotel- Dark and golden designs. He carried me to a lift, his Security was with him, escorting us.

At that moment I realized Marco was right, I was trembling- with fear, and cold.

Rhys carried me like this to a large room, I tilted my head up a little and saw there were large, cushiony sofas in front of us.