Ch. 40- Movie Date

I woke up to my alarm, immediately sensing I wasn't alone in my apartment. Rhys was there, sleeping outside my room.

Usually, I feel groggy when waking up at 4 or 5 am, but not today. I couldn't remember ever sleeping with a random person in such close proximity before. But then it hit me - in Paris, Rhys and I had slept together in the same bed. Memories of those nights flooded my heart, and I knew I was blushing.

This realization saddened me. My bed was queen-sized; I could have asked him to sleep with me. It could have been nice. But the sexual tension between us was too intense. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off him, and if I had given in, he would have too. He was very fond of me.

Lost in these thoughts, I tiptoed into the living room to find his sofa empty. However, an interesting laptop with three monitors caught my eye on the dining table. Maybe another Volkner tech abomination, who knows?

But then, stress overflowed me as I remembered my upcoming office issues. I had no idea what Maria had told the NHS director, or how to explain my three-week disappearance to Scott and the others.

Pushing these thoughts aside, I decided to take a shower and start my morning routine. As I began blow-drying my hair, I heard my apartment door opening - Rhys had arrived. I stayed in my room.

I heard him moving around the apartment, turning on the kettle, and opening the fridge - who knows what he was doing. After changing into my work outfit, I stepped into the kitchen and was stunned.

Rhys was wearing short shorts, with a headphone around his neck - and nothing else. Hairs of his head was wet, and a very visible bulge protruded from his shorts. I had seen his back naked, but never almost naked from the front. He had peculiar tattoos all over his torso, black tendrils mirroring each other on both sides. So these were the tendrils I had glimpsed through his shirts all this time.

I realized I had forgotten to breathe. My hormones declared war against me, and I felt butterflies in places I shouldn't.

He noticed me being flabbergasted by his beauty.

AND THIS MADE HIM BLUSH!!! 

I wanted to scream. 

Was I sweating? 

I felt uncomfortably wet.

"I...I went for a run," Rhys tried to explain, trying to save me from embarrassment.

I nodded, tearing my eyes away from him at the coffee machine. I wanted to reach it but felt that if I got closer to him, he would know how I was feeling for him. It felt like I needed to stay away from this man at this very moment.

"Do you need coffee?" he asked, confusion palpable in his voice. I nodded robotically. He glanced back at the machine and said, 

"I need a shower. Is it okay if I use..." Before he could finish, I nodded vigorously, as if my life depended on it.

He quickly ran to the shower, sparing me further embarrassment.

I mean... he definitely wants me to be with him. I wouldn't mind. But I could never have random sexual one-night stands with random people. It was impossible for me to build up such a relationship with anyone. 

With robotic steps, I made my way to the coffee machine, poured myself a cup, and sat at the table to drink it.

I had to clear my mind and my thoughts before returning to the office.

_______________________________________________________________

I was very surprised to see Scott behaving as if nothing had happened—absolutely nothing.