Ch. 41- Howl's castle of Camden

After the initial shock, my phone started ringing

A very obvious call from my hospital.

I wanted to grab it, but Rhys still kept me in his bear hug, so I couldn't reach it. I knew I was still trembling, and God knows what is unfolding in my hospital right now. John was smart; he switched on the TV, and the news made all of us in the apartment, including the Volkner guards, gasp so loudly in chorus.

It was a bomb blasting incident, and AHAM confessed its involvement with such incidents. AHAM, or Al Hadid-Al-Maut, was certainly the world's most notorious militia group responsible for terrorist attacks all over the world. People trembled at the name of AHAM, and I felt my bowels turn watery when I heard that they took responsibility for the attack!

"Shit!" 

Rhys exclaimed and finally let me go. I ran to my phone and grabbed it.

It was an obvious call from my hospital; the internal major incident alarm had been sounded across all NHS hospitals. Rhys's phone started to ring as well; I assumed it was his parents. Still shivering in terror, I decided to get ready for my duty.

When Rhys saw me in my blue scrubs, he yelled at me, "Oh hell no! You're not going anywhere!" He ran to me and stood in front of the door.

"Let me go, please," I begged him, still quivering.

"Kay, you're not normal yet! You are still trembling... Please, this could be a massive security threat! Just stay with me inside." Rhys held my shoulder and wrapped his arm around me.

"I have to go... There are kids... Kids who need me... Lots of kids...." I begged him, tears streaming down my face. The news reporter on the screen reported that many people, mainly kids were still trapped inside the disheveled tube. All the Volkner security guards were on the phone, talking to someone, trying to get the latest information. I was shocked to hear that even the most elusive Volkner Securities had zero clues as to what was going on.

"Kay, please don't protest. This shit went out of our hands..." Rhys begged me, but John cut him off instead.

"Four of our Volkner Guards served as EMTs in the US Army. If you allow us, they can escort Ms. Kay to the hospital and work there as volunteers in such incidents. There are a lot of casualties, and the hospital is already overcrowded. They all need an extra set of expert hands."

This changed Rhys's facial expression, and he asked, "How many of our securities are here?"

"250+ sir!" John replied.

"I think they need a hand in the tunnels as well. Lots of rescues need to happen," Rhys mumbled. My jaw hit the floor. Just a few minutes ago, he didn't want me to go to the hospital.

"Sir, what do you want me to do?" John asked.

"Get the Blackwater Emergency Response Team to attend the event, but under the banner of Volkners, not Blackwaters," Rhys calmly spoke as he looked at my face.