Ch. 20- First Kiss under the Stars

I found out the suite's living room windows could open. Room service arrived right after breakfast.

"Madame, shall we clean the outer windows? You've never opened them before."

Surprised, I told them to go ahead. The glass windows only opened slightly, but it turned the suite into a blissful haven.

All the white curtains swayed in the wind, making my suite a castle in the sky. With no furniture around, the grand living room seemed to invite me to dance. I wore the pink gown from the vanity room and realized it had hanging tulles, making it a dreamy, flowy gown.

The fabric felt perfect, too soft, and the dress was almost weightless, hugging my body flawlessly. I looked at myself in the mirror with LEDs and decided to see myself in daylight.

I walked to the living room, where a big mirror stood in front of the windows. The sun shone perfectly, making my dress look unreal, like water waves flowing down from me. I danced carefree, imagining I was dancing with Sameer in a big ballroom. I could not fathom that somehow got a man who was kind, loving, and funny. I was living my fairy tale, and nobody could take my prince charming away from me.

When the song ended, I knew one thing for sure: I wanted nothing more than to be his lover.

I looked at the big mirror in front of me.

Little Kaya stared back at me in disbelief, disgust, and horror.

She could not believe such a grownup like me would fall in love like this.

----------------------------------------------------

At 8 p.m., I was still in my dress. After dancing to the same song for an hour, I showered and sent the dress for an emergency dry wash. Nina managed to do a Gamma Radiation Wash—a technology we used to sterilize plastic equipment in our hospital. Now these big hotels are adopting this. After the wash, I wore the dress again and got my makeup and hair done. I styled my hair in very loose curls.

Looking in the mirror, I felt foolish. I tried calling Sameer multiple times, but he didn't pick up. Originally planning to leave the day after tomorrow, now I wanted to plan so much with him—how I would visit him every week or month, or how many times he would come to me. We could discuss whether he could transfer to London or I could transfer to France. I even googled the exams I needed to attend to get a license in Paris, or if I should finish my MRCS in the UK before settling down with him...

I wanted to discuss it all with him, but time was running out.

By 9 p.m., there was still no sign of Sameer.

I started to weep like a baby in my bedroom, with all my dresses, with all my makeup. Then I realized why the fuck I found myself in tears over a man I'd only met a few days ago. Wrestling with anger, I debated whether to reject him tonight or simply block him from everywhere, erasing any trace of our encounter.

My phone rang, and to my surprise, it was Marco.

"Get ready. A car will take you to the airport; Sameer will meet you there. He'll land within 20 minutes."

I jumped with happiness, but the memory of Sameer's habitual lateness tempered my excitement. I wanted to reply rudely to Marco, but something in his voice made me pause. I obliged, getting ready in five minutes and coming down to the main lobby. John and Ju were already waiting for me. I felt ridiculous in my gown, as if I were headed to a Hollywood red carpet event, but in reality, I was just going to the airport to welcome Sameer.

"You look good," Ju remarked with a grin. Even John was smiling, a rare sight for them.

"Thank you. Unexpected praise from you."