Ch. 35- Rhys's POV (Part 1)

"What's so funny?"

Nas questioned me. I covered my mouth with my palm and laughed discreetly, so I did not respond. He looked where I was looking and saw Kay making her way to the bar to get herself a drink. I laughed so hard at the revenge red outfit that she had worn a few nights before to seduce me.

"You better tell the servers not to serve any drinks to her," Nas commented. I sighed.

"Yeah, I already told them that," I assured him. Nas took a deep breath and puffed his vape a bit, an aroma of apple lingering in the air with white smoke.

"Rita is here," he said to me. This announcement made my heart beat like a drum.

"Shit!" I muttered.

"What?" Nas asked me, taking another puff.

"She will drag Kay into a shithole in front of everyone if she sees her here wearing that," I admitted, looking at Kay at a distance

"No, she won't. I don't think she dares to stand in front of Kay after that dinner," Nas commented. I turned to him.

"Who else is coming?" I asked.

"I don't know; I haven't seen the guest list. Aunt Maria invited a few of her pals," Nas replied. I nodded mechanically.

I needed to talk to Kay, so I approached her and found her in a heated discussion with the bartender over serving her alcohol.

"Who did this?" Kay hissed at the bartender. I approached quietly from behind and leaned in closer to her neck.

"I did," I confessed.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Kay spun around to face me, her voice seething like a snake's.

In that moment, my heart skipped a beat as I met her gaze. Her eyes were adorned with beautiful makeup; the black irises reflected my own shadow. Her lips, painted a deep maroon, perfectly complemented her olive skin tone. Her hair, curled and swaying in the breeze, cascaded down her back.

Then, my attention fell on her dress; the neckline was daring, accentuating her allure.

It was so hard, so hard for me to raise my eyes from her breasts to her face, but I had to do it. I knew I would do anything to be intimate with her, but that was not the time or place. I could not forgive myself for what I said to her that night. I had zero intention of losing the rest of the respect that Kay had for me.

I only wished this small little lady, who loves hissing at people like a small, cute snake, knew how much I am in love with her. But I knew for a fact that it would take me months, if not years, to gain her trust.

"Why are your tits out like that?" I asked involuntarily.

Shit, Rhys!! Are you fucking crazy? Why the fuck did you ask her that question??

Within a second, Kay's eyes turned like steel, devoid of any emotions. She again hissed at me.

"Why do you care?"

I stumbled a bit, having no clue how to deal with my mistake. My little viper sometimes scares me off.

"You were pretty shy that night. What happened to you today? Why show off your assets?" I tried to act naturally. Kay seemed to be pissed off by my remark.

I wish I could show her how adorable she looks whenever she gets angry. My heart bursts with happiness when she frowns, scrunches her little button nose a bit, and makes her face like a bunny. If our relationship were normal, I would have showered her chubby cheeks with kisses. But I messed up everything. However, she lowered her gaze and tried to avoid me. I had no control over me; I grabbed her and lifted her face closer to me.