Ch. 18- Dine at The Jules Vern

(Authors' note- This is my favorite chapter)

The trip to the hotel and Eiffel Tower was longer than I realized as the hotel was quite far away from the city center. The whole ride was quiet, he did not exchange a single word with me while he was driving. I was quiet as well and focused on the views of the outside roads. But I could not concentrate enough on anything as he had all my attention.

We parked almost 200 meters away from the tower, in front of Charles Floquet Avenue as we had to walk towards the tower. Another valet took his car away God knows where. He kept his head down while walking with me, I was worried about him. 

Is he okay? He did not seem okay.

We were just under the tower, I looked up and saw the whole steel skeleton structures shining so bright in the yellow light. It made the tower look ungodly beautiful. A butler came forward and escorted us to a room under the south pillar of the tower where they would escort us to the restaurant.

When the butler pushed the glass door of that room open, I saw many bust statues of Jules Vern displayed all over the place

When the butler pushed the glass door of that room open, I saw many bust statues of Jules Vern displayed all over the place. There were Jules Vern emblems, souvenirs, etc. all around. But I could not concentrate on a single thing. I was worried about Sameer.

Also, I saw how everyone talked with him in French as if they were scared of his presence. It was also bothering me.

We climbed up a few stairs and our butler pushed a button on the lift. It exposed a loft that had glass walls.

3 of us slowly started to ascend to the 2nd dock of the tower at a slow speed. All the buildings on the ground, The Museum of Mankind, and its park adjacent to the Eiffel Tower became smaller and smaller. Then the view went behind the steel exoskeleton structures and a lift opened, and a small corridor opened to a room that looked like a restaurant.

"Please, Madame." The Buttler requested me to exist, and Sameer was behind me. He grabbed my waist and asked me to follow him.

I shiver of anticipation ran down my spine, I used to see this happen in the movies. Never had I ever imagined it would happen to me.

The small but extraordinarily beautiful restaurant was almost empty. There were no customers other than us. It turned on an alarm in my mind, Sameer gave a look at my face and his expression turned into worrying,

 It turned on an alarm in my mind, Sameer gave a look at my face and his expression turned into worrying,