Ch. 19- French Omelet

I had never experienced a morning quite like this.

Nor had I ever felt such peace and happiness in my life.

The sky was surprisingly clear this morning; the moment I opened my eyes, the first thing that greeted me was the breathtaking beauty of the sky. I found myself staring at the sky for half an hour before finally getting up for my morning shower. As I crossed the vanity to reach the shower, a red dangling thing caught my eye in the ocean of white marble.

It was the red dress that Sameer had given me. I had left it hanging on the same golden rack after our rendezvous yesterday. Contemplating whether to text Sameer about the dress or return it to the shop owner, I decided to message him about what to do with it.

However, no reply came from the other side.

Maybe he was busy.

After a refreshing shower, I slipped into a chic black jumpsuit and decided to treat myself to room service. Two butlers promptly arrived, and I handed them Sameer's gifted red dress, instructing them to return it to the mysterious boutique owner named Nina. Their confused expressions didn't deter me; they eventually obliged and left.

Leaving my suite behind, I made my way to the rooftop restaurant for breakfast. Just as I settled in, a buzzing sound emanated from my phone – a text from Sameer.

What are your plans for today?

His texts made my heart jump with happiness, I texted back,

Are you in Zurich?

I saw my text was seen by him, 3 dots danced at the bar and a reply came back,

Yes, with your favorite, Maria Volkner.

This gave me second-hand embarrassment.

I am not embarrassing you, Kay. It's okay to be obsessed with her.

Sameer was not even here, not even seeing what I was doing with my life- he still managed to read my mind.

"How do you even do that?"

"Do what?"

"Read me like that, I am not even with you. You can't even read my face."

3 dots appeared on the screen, and then a reply came,

"Next time, the Surgeon, rip my heart apart or open my skull to see my brain. You'll get your answer."

I nearly threw my phone off the 15th floor from laughing. I was laughing so hard that a few very distinguished rich people gave me a dirty look from other tables.

You little flirt.

I texted him back. No texts came back from him for a few minutes. I was sad that he was too busy to reply to my texts. A thing came from my phone, the sound of new text.

"I am just a little flirt, trying to make you laugh."

"Why?"

"Cause you make me happy."

The last text sent my emotions on a rollercoaster I was not ready for this morning. Leaving my phone on the table, I decided to withhold a response. Sameer was moving at warp speed, falling head over heels too fast. I couldn't figure out if he had some ulterior motive or if he was just plain crazy to be smitten with an average woman like me within a mere five days of knowing him.

Everything started to get murky inside my head.

My gut feeling was telling me he was hiding something.