s i e r r a l y n n

I know someday I'm gonna meet her,

                        it's a fever dream

                   The kind of radiance 

                    you only have at 17

                    She'll know the way,

                    and then she'll say 

              she got the map from me

              I'll say I'm happy for her, 

           then I'll cry myself to sleep

Nothing New ( Taylor's version) - Taylor Swift

My alarm buzzes rhythmically from my bedside table, making me groan and hide my head beneath my pillow. I've never been a morning person, and I'll never be one, especially not when I just managed to sleep properly for the first time in a week. A soft sigh escapes my parted lips, my body is covered by the white sheets and a fluffy, a scene too familiar in the life of Sierra Ryder.

My mornings are the epitome of mundane ones, I don't want to leave the warmth of my bed, I don't really have the courage to face another day. My bedroom's door bursts open, revealing the energetic figure of a small girl, we look alike, with brown curls, beautiful freckles spattered 'cross her delicate cheekbones and an olive skin tone, the only difference is our eyes colors, mine are a deep shade of brown, one that looks like chocolate, as for the girl's, they are a beautiful jade green, the same shade as frosty forests.

River is an early bird, and a very annoying one, she took pleasure in waking me up every single day ever since she started walking, it secretly makes my heart melt, because in a world where I paid attention to everyone, where I tried to make everyone's day better, I don't always receive such acts, even if it annoys me sometimes. She tilts her head, eyes staring innocently at mine as she cheers "Rise and shine, Sia."

"Fuck off, Riv." I grumble tiredly, swearing is a red line in our household, it's a rule my parents have held for us ever since I was old enough to talk, I never follow it however, always getting scowled for my 'shameless use of crude words' as my mother used to call it.

Riv chuckled, she never swore before, but she enjoys hearing me do it, so she lowers her head and teases me "You swore in front of a ten year old, you need to put money in the swear jar."

I roll my eyes at her, I don't even have enough money to buy myself a pen, and she expects me to put money in a freaking' swear jar. I hum and mock "Keep dreaming, Smalls."

I love giving people nicknames, it gives me the delusion of owning the world that surrounds me, the authority of identifying the people around me however I want, it might seem childish, but I like it, and I don't think I'll ever stop doing it.