s i e r r a l y n n

They told me all of my cages were mental

So I got wasted like all my potential

And my words shoot to kill when I'm mad

I have a lot of regrets about that

This is me trying - Taylor Swift

My day is starting already as grim, lifeless, devoid of any kind of emotions, in my fit of anxiety yesterday, I had ended up sleeping on my desk, neck resting on my crossed arms. I am surprised to find my blanket resting on my shoulders.

Papa already left for work, River is guiltily glancing at me all throughout the time Serafina drives the both of us to school. I had kept my silence, my fingernails were the only way I could let my frustration out. I stare at the road, avoiding all sort of communication between Serafina and I even after we dropped off Riv.

"I know I screwed up big time, Sierra." She says, her lips pressed in a thin line "But you shouldn't blame your father for my own mistakes, it's not fair for either of you." Guilt drips off her tone, and I can feel myself suffocating at her words. She's right, I shouldn't blame papa for her presence, hell I shouldn't even blame her, but I can't, that's how she raised me, there always has to be someone to blame.

That someone is actually me...

I am the villain in their story...

The daughter who is shutting her father out, the man that raised her, loved her, gave her nothing but respect and endless trust and affection. The daughter who is too damaged to forgive the woman who gave her life. The sister who is slowly but surely drifting away from the little girl that considers her a hero.

"You shouldn't have came back." I breathe out, my eyes are slowly filling with tears I know I won't allow myself to shed. "We were moving on, we were trying to forget." My voice trails down painfully.

"I know." She acknowledges, and I swear I heard a forgotten whisper of 'I'm sorry.' She pulls aside in front of Lowell High. I unbuckle my seat belt, peeling off non-existent dust from my red uniform's jacket. Dust of insecurities and twirling dark thoughts.

'Dios, I hope Ray isn't mad.'

"It's okay, Sia." Ray assures me, while we wait for the math teacher . "You're allowed to hang out with other people, you know. Even if it's my brother."

"I know, I just don't want you girls to think that I'm replacing you with him." I smile nervously "you know."

Ray shakes her head in amusement, leaning to our table from behind. "Sia, you're stuck with me. You are my best friend, having you getting along with my brother is actually nice." she grins "Except if you befriend Bennett, I'd personally kick some reason inside your head." She gives a slight tap to my forehead.