e m r y s

Whiskey on ice,

      Whiskey on ice,

     Sunset and Vine

You've ruined my life,

   by not being mine

Gorgeous - Taylor Swift

Autumn soft afternoon breeze brushes against my face, my lips catch a slight smile as I watch the stubborn girl walk with her friends, her joyful laugh echoes in the space.

Sierra Ryder is unique in every possible way, she is warm like summer's sunshine, clever like the devil and pretty as twice. She smiles so much that it even made me smile more than once.

God, this girl will be the death of me...

And yet, I am condemned to watch her from afar, doomed to never reach her in every possible lifetime. I am the incarnation of hell, and I don't want to burn her angel wings, so I hide behind my indifferent mask, and it is working, for Sierra tolerates everyone but me. She doesn't hesitate to speak up at me or call me out for my bullshit, something she doesn't even do when Bennett bothers her.

I take a deep inhale of my half-smoked cigarette, waiting in the car for Ray and her to get in so we can drive away. The burning nicotine seeps through my lungs just like my frustration over her runs deep inside my veins.

No one can be this perfect, not even angels...

And I fucking hate it...

I hate how her face lights up when she laughs, I hate the small, almost unnoticeable freckles on the bridge of her nose, I hate the sound of her voice, calm and confident, caressing every bare inch of my fucking soul...

There is nothing I hate more than Sierra Lynn Ryder...

Her sight crosses mine for a split second, chocolate brown melting against stormy gray, a strange feeling creeps through my spine, sending fireworks inside my racing heart, establishing eye-contact with her is difficult, but still sends my nerves in a mess, after all it was the first form of exchange I had with her, two years, six months and ten days ago.

I wonder how my sister managed to befriend her, the two of them are so different, like the sun and the moon, Sierra is the soft, sunshiny considerate girl who is secretly affected by rejection but doesn't like to show it, the one who tries to fit in. Esmeray is the bold girl who doesn't give a single fuck about what people think of her, just like I am, even if she's more expressive of it than me.

The door of the seat beside me opens, Ray throws herself on the leather seat casually, putting her feet at the dashboard as she picks on her nails. I resist the urge to scowl at her, she knew very well how much our father is attached to this very car, and how long I had to grovel for him to pass it down to me.