s i e r r a l y n n

And your skin, oh yeah, your skin and bones

           Turn into something beautiful

And you know, for you, I'd bleed myself dry

              For you, I'd bleed myself dry

                                                      Yellow - Coldplay

I walk alone through the corridors, my chest aching terribly as I try to keep my anxiety at bay, trying to ignore the sneaky stares and curious glances of the dozen teenagers that will definitely won't let me live my life for the next few months I have left here before graduating. I had evaded Ray to catch my breath away from the suffocating gazes of our classmates.

Ever since I was a little kid, the slightest remark about me makes my skin crawl and my chest to tighten, and I always tried, I tried to be likable enough for everyone to like, I plastered broad, fake smiles on my face, I gave everyone my best version, my endless empathy, and asked for nothing but to be left in peace, to be seen as enough, and yet, it always crumbles down to dust.

I sit on an empty staircase, my elbows rest on my knees as I take in deep breaths, my hands rubbing my temples as I try to get rid of the remaining ghosts of the school's gossip circles.

Papa's words from the other day still haunt me, giving me the courage to keep going through these awful days, a dose of hope and strength.

"People support women, until said women become better than them."

"Sia?" the surprised voice of a boy calls, I raise my eyes to meet the pale blue gray gaze of Noah. Unlike his friend's closed off nature, Noah is the most known party boy, womanizer, high-spirited student Lowell high has ever seen. He only had to flash a dazzling smile for girls to fall at his feet, worshiping both his remarkable looks and his playful nature. I have always wondered how these two are so thick as thieves -when Noah isn't annoying the hell out of Emrys, of course- to the point where they call each other 'brother'. "Jesus, you look like hell." He mutters with a sympathetic smile.

"You sure know how to make a woman feel special." I sigh with a broken smile. It isn't that I don't trust Noah, I just...

I don't trust Noah.

I don't trust Noah because Ray doesn't trust him, it might be judgmental, which makes me feel immensely guilty, but I can't really fall for the charm of his pretty eyes and sweet smiles, he is way worse than Emrys have always been, and I'm sick of getting involved with this kind of trouble.

"Can I...?"He dips his chin to the empty spot beside me, I hesitate before nodding slightly, moving away slightly. "So? Anyone I should kill for upsetting you?" He starts the conversation with a discreet grin.