s i e r r a l y n n

So keep your head up, princess, before your crown falls

Know these voices in your head will be your downfall

I know it gets so hard but you don't got far to go

Keep Your Head Up Princess - Anson Seabra

"You're sure he didn't upset you, right?" Ray asks me for the millionth time "I know that he's my twin, but I'd gladly kick his ass if you want me to."

I roll my eyes and chuckle "Ray, I can handle myself. Besides, your brother behaved himself quite well."

"You should tell that to mom, she gave him quite the lesson." Ray grins from beside me as she elbows me lightly.

There is a dangerous easiness into getting swiped away by the smooth sway of her charm, even for someone who does everything to focus on their lessons. The hair on my neck rises as the professor calls "Care to explain what you find more interesting than our class here, Ms. Ryder?"

Ray and I turn back to face her, and she gives us one of her most hypocritical smiles. "Nothing..." I say, trying to seem as casual as ever. She glares at the three of us before continuing her long, endless speech about freedom and responsibility.

"Sia, you're not eating..." Ray notices at lunch, as the two of us sit at the cafeteria after a long morning, I can feel a lingering sensation of dread churning at my stomach.

"I'm not hungry," I lie, trying to ignore that nerve-wrecking feeling, but I can't and it's until the venomous voice of Allison Bennett proves my instincts right.

"Missed me much yesterday, Spaniard?" She taunts. I put down my fork and sigh. For a few days, I thought that she might have forgotten about me, or gotten bored from pushing my buttons and still getting no response back, but unfortunately, she absolutely didn't.

I turn to her, raising my eyebrows "Don't you have anything more productive than to bother me this morning, Bennett?" My tone is flat, with no emotions nor anger.

Esmeray scowls at her, even though her family status are enough to spare her Bennett's bullshit, Ray still hates the redhead with vivid passion.

"And miss the chance of watching you whoring yourself out to Lennox? Never." She bites, and it takes a lot of self-restraint for me not to snap her neck right here and now. "How does it feel, knowing that you're only paired up with him out of pity? I wonder how you managed to make sure Mr. Rutherford gave you such a dream match, was it special services ?"

I can almost feel my heart bleeding, and my fists clench under the table. Slut shaming has always been Bennett's favorite weapon against me, and that was ever since I flinched the first time she had accused me of getting high grades just because I slept with the teachers. I am about to answer but my best friend beats me to it.