Chapter 1

"The groom is not coming anymore

"The groom is not coming anymore. Those bloody Mehras ditched us and the wedding."

Those statements made the room so quiet that the tick-tock of the clock could be heard. It was possible to hear them breathing.

"They're no longer coming?"

Ruhanika muttered, but those words exploded in Sitara's ears, who stood stunned. She walked backward with stumbling feet.

"No, it can't be."

Sitara murmured to herself. Armaan can't possibly abandon her. He declared his love for her to her. He had sincerity in his eyes when they were together, she noticed. Their relationship was pure and free of malice.

As of then, their relationship was still in its infancy, consisting primarily of hand-holding and brief private conversations. Nothing more. Armaan was the one who apprised her that the rest would happen after marriage. She, too, agreed with him. However, the current scenario indicates something opposite. No, never, her brother must be telling her lies.

"Bhaiya, that was a joke right there!"

Sitara begged, her eyes full of hope.

When Ruhanika recovered from her shock, she grabbed Sitara, who was not at her best at the time. Tears started to well up in her eyes looking at the condition of Sitara. Why won't God grant them a single act of mercy? What they did to get the loose end of the rope every time.

"Yes, they have made fun of us and our reputation."

Smashing the chair in the corner, Sameer yelled angrily. Ruhanika wrapped her arms around Sitara, soothing her and attempting to calm her down. Despite what her brother and sister were asserting, her heart couldn't comprehend the thought that Armaan could do something like that.

"Let me call him."

Sitara pushed Ruhanika and looked through her phone. When she discovered it on the dressing table, she quickly called Armaan. After two rings, the third call was answered.

Sitara began querying before hearing the receiver's voice.

"Where are you, Armaan? I heard you're not coming anymore?"

She bombarded him with back-to-back questions. But as soon as she heard the response, the phone slipped from her grasp and the display went black.

Sitara sat on the floor sobbing bitterly as Ruhanika rushed to her. Ruhanika realized, looking at her sister's condition, that the last hope her sister had on which her heart was hanging had broken.

Sameer peered out the window at the guests who had come to witness the beautiful wedding but were now chatting among themselves about the groom who hadn't yet arrived.

"What did he say?"

Sameer interrogated. When Ruhanika urged him to stop talking, he sneered at her before marching over to Sitara and yanking her by the forearm.