Chapter 27

"Di, Sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of intense courage, just literally twenty seconds of embarrassing bravery

"Di, Sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of intense courage, just literally twenty seconds of embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."

That's what Sitara advised her as they checked into the hotel room. However, she was unsure of what she meant at the time. Sitara simply winked and hurried away, trailed by Dev. She was left behind, leaving her face stained with confusion.

All those facts made sense as the duo, Ruhanika, and Yug, paused at the entryway of their room for almost 10 minutes gawking at the room. It was a honeymoon suite, it seems.

'What ? Seem! It is a honeymoon suite'  Her inner self mocked.

Oh god!!

Yug even called the front desk to make sure they had given us the right room, and the desk clerk confirmed that they had. Yug ended the conversation while muttering every slur he knew and giving everything in the room a scathing look.

Aur ye sab karestaani Sitara ki thi. Kya karu mai iss ladki ka! Ruhanika grimaced.

Ruhanika resisted moving or entering the space because she was so mortified from head to toe. But as her sling bag dropped, shattering the uneasy silence, Yug entered the room, his face hard.

The hotel workers had already thrown them a few strange looks from the hallway as Ruhanika got there so she followed as well.

The interior design of the room was exquisite. To create a romantic ambiance, scented candles were lit and all of the red flower species were scattered throughout the inside and on the floor. With all the crimson pillows and the adorable teddy bear, the bed was also attractively furnished. For a typical newlywed couple who had come to celebrate their honeymoon, everything was ideal.

If only they had been onlookers, then this vista would have been wonderful; but, it was intended for them and their use. Ruhanika shudders just imagining it. And she experienced a strong sense of unfamiliarity. As she cast a glance around the room, she felt her spine tremble.

Yug strode over to the bed and roughly threw everything to the ground as if it had been electrocuted.

"Tum waha khadi kya ho. Meri help karo ya aise hi iss room me rehna hai." In jest, Yug bit back. Ruhanika abruptly stood up and looked about in an attempt to take action, but what should she do? Should she pick up the flowers off the floor or blow out the candles? Ruhanika paused to think.
(Why are you standing there? Come and help me or you want to stay in room like this.)

'What kind of nonsense are you thinking?' She also nodded as her inner self grumbled. Her brain had stopped functioning in the midst of her humiliating moment.

She stepped to the side, cleaned the table, and took out all the flowers. Her attention suddenly focused on the distinct box next to the few alcohol bottles placed on the middle ottoman. Unknowingly, her feet made their way there, and when she peaked inside, she discovered things that she had no idea could be there.