Chapter 15

Everyone's attention focused on Ruhanika and Sitara as soon as they descended

Aruna made an attempt to break the prolonged silence in this vicinity. She approached the sisters with a smile on her face and took hold of each of their hands as she led them to the seating area, which Muskan and a few other workers had wonderfully set up and wrapped with all the bright colors.

 She approached the sisters with a smile on her face and took hold of each of their hands as she led them to the seating area, which Muskan and a few other workers had wonderfully set up and wrapped with all the bright colors

Although the new brides received not much attention from the male guests, they garnered the interest of the female guests. And once more there was mumbling and whispering. While occasionally conversing with her group of women, Bhavna was seated on the sofa and watching everyone.

Vinay and Ram were also engaged with the guests, while Dev was with the neighborhood buddies. Yug was also nowhere to be found. A few people approached Dev about it when they saw it and he brushed them off by responding that he will be down shortly.

"Ladies, please come here and start the ritual of "Muh Dikhai," " Aruna clasped her palms together to attract attention.

Slowly, with gifts in hand, all the women began to assemble around Aruna.

Because she was the elder of the Shrivastava household and had to begin this ritual, Bhavna also stood up. She walked over to Ruhanika and Sitara after gathering her collection of gifts. Aruna was flanked by other women of locality.

Given that Sitara was the first daughter-in-law of the household, Bhavna approached her first. She grabbed the bottom end of the veil and took a brief glimpse at her face before letting go of it and letting the veil fall back in place to hide her face once more. As she proceeded toward Ruhanika, she shoved the gift into Sitara's hands, which were on her lap. With a grimace, she did the same to Ruhanika before straightening up and returning to the sofa.

After Bhavna finished, the other women trailed behind her slowly. By the time all the ladies were finished, the living room was filled with whispers and rumors about how stunning both brides were. The praises of the Shrivastava family for picking such beauty echoed throughout the room.

Aruna finally carried out the rite. She too went through the same procedure, and when she caught a glimpse of Sitara's face, she placed the veil on her forehead, displaying her face to everyone, just like she did with Ruhanika. And she delivered the family jewelry that Dev and Yug's mother had left for her daughters-in-law to Ruhanika and Sitara.