Chapter 40

At night

At night.

Everyone was having dinner.

Muskan has arranged the buffet in the backyard. She was storming around checking if everything food item was available and if anything is less or not.

Ruhanika kept Staring at her, sitting in the corner. She laughed looking at Muskan who was running around like headless chicken. Suddenly a man came to her, grabbing her attention as he stood in front of her shielding her view.

She looked up. A male countenance came under her vision. The man gave her boyish grin and forwarded his hand for handshake.

"Hi! I am Rahul, Muskan's boyfriend."

Ruhanika froze in her chair. How absurd!? Boyfriend? Muskan? Her gaze skimmed Muskan, who was occupied conversing with a few key figures.

The man was still standing there, his right hand outstretched, grinning stupidly as she turned to face him again. Seriously, who the hell makes such an introduction?

What a strange man!

"Excuse me!!!" She leaped to her feet suddenly.

Rahul was about to respond when a loud, petulant voice approached them.

"Ruhanika Mam."

Both of them turned to face the noise's source. Despite having distinct motives, they both cast a bewildered glance at the young child. Rahul had no idea who he was, and Ruhanika had no idea what he was doing here.

"Rohan!!" The young lad approached her and gave her a sparkling look. How adorable!

"You were so beautiful on the stage." He applauded.

"Thank you very much. How come you're here?" She knelt down to his level and caressed his silky hair, asking him tenderly.

"I came with my family, Dadi and Papa." He pointed in a specific direction as he talked.
(Grandma.)

She looked in that direction and saw Rehan conversing with other people. She nodded, turning to face Rohan once more. Jimmy arrived at that same moment.