Chapter 38

It was Saturday

It was Saturday.

Everybody was at home. After so many days, the house was totally occupied by all of the members except Bhavna bua. To meet her son, she had gone.

Losing herself in her thoughts, Sitara was peering at the veggies in front of her. Ruhanika gazed at her and smacked her across the back, jolting her out of her daydream.

"What happened to you? Where have you been lost? Ruhanika tilted her head in question.

"I didn't know Lady Hitler had a son," Sitara said solemnly to Ruhanika. Ruhanika's rigid visage eased, but she hit Sitara's head again as the words sank in.

"Tara!!!!" Ruhanika grimaced. What should she do about this girl? She released a sigh.

Sitara moaned a soft Oow! while touching the injured area. A look of hurt crossed her face. Ruhanika scowled at her pretense.

Aruna chuckled, capturing their interest.

"Chachi dekhiye, Di mujh par zulm kar rahi hai." Sitara tattled to Aruna, who laughed more after overhearing and witnessing their teasing. It gave this place a livelier feel.
(Aunty, look, Di is torturing me.)

"You!!" Ruhanika stepped forward. Leaping from her chair, Sitara fled to hide behind Aruna.

"Oh my! Save me, Chachi." Rolling her eyes, Ruhanika took a seat. She was staring at Sitara while she sliced the veggies. Every piece she cut felt incredibly hard. Sitara swallowed, as though it were aimed at her.

"Beta Ruhanika. Let her be." Sitara snickered while hiding behind Aruna. Tilting to face Sitara, Aruna said, "But don't call that name so loud."

Sitara gave a guffaw.

"Chachi dekhiye, ye sab aapke shaiy ka nateeza hai." Seeing Sitara stick her tongue out at her, Ruhanika snorted.
(Aunty, see, all this is the result of your love and favors.)

Aruna chuckled. She had always considered Ruhanika and Sitara like her daughters. She handled every task that came with being the mother-in-law.

"By the way Chachi, why did Bua ji live-" Sitara was inquisitive, like a curious feline.

"Tara!!" Stepping up, Ruhanika gave her a stern look before carrying the chopped veggies to the sink. That subject was forbidden in the Shrivastava household, but her sister was as curious as a cat.

Aruna's expression became solemn.

"Darsh." Ruhanika and Sitara gazed at Aruna, puzzled.

"The name of Jiji's son is Darsh. That boy is incredibly hardworking, and now his hard work has paid him well, as he has received an impressive promotion and is now working for a large firm in the United States." Aruna conveyed. She pulled the knob and used a handkerchief to wipe her hand.