Chapter 18

Long quiet reigned between the sisters on their walk home

Ruhanika was covering her head with a dupatta because it was sweltering and the scorching sun was right above their head. Ruhanika searched left and right for any form of transportation, but the road was deserted. She sighed in exhaustion as her face started to grow red from the intense heat.

Sitara was lost in her own world, thinking about something. While Ruhanika advanced, she stopped walking. When Ruhanika's gaze rested on her left, she noticed Sitara had vanished without her realizing she had stopped moving. She quickly turned around to look at her standing behind her. She appeared really strange. Ruhanika approached and jolted Sitara awake, bringing her back to reality.

"Where are you so lost that you have no knowledge of your surroundings or location? Why did you pause in the middle of the street, um?" Ruhanika asked back-to-back questions. She was beginning to grow irritated as a result of the heat and the weather.

Sitara moistened her lips with her tongue and, after giving it some serious thought, stated, "I think we should go on honeymoon."

"Go, then. What's the point of asking me?" Ruhanika said shrugging her shoulder.

Sitara furiously shook her head in protest since she knew her sister had misunderstood what she had said: "I'm talking about us. As in you and Yug, and me and Dev. Like double honeymoon or something same."

Ruhanika's eyes widened as she stared at her sister. What rubbish did she suddenly start spouting? She, Yug, and their honeymoon. It didn't seem right to combine these three concepts in one sentence. "Garmi lagta hai sar par chad gayi hai," Ruhanika said as she nodded and checked her forehead. "There's no wonder you're talking nonsense. Heat is the cause of everything. Come with me; a cab is on the way."
(The heat seems to have gone to my head,)

Sitara shook her head in disapproval as she pleaded to Ruhanika, "I'm Ok, Di. And I'm not joking."

Ruhanika wanted to yell at Sitara and scold her, but they were in the middle of the road. Therefore, it wasn't a place to discuss such topics. Ruhanika glared at her and dragged Sitara along with her when the cab arrived.

***

"Di, At least listen to me."

Since they returned, Sitara has been following Ruhanika. They were currently in the kitchen. Ruhanika gave her a stern look, and she made an energy beverage to balance their glucose levels. Sitara was more concerned about how to persuade her sister than the water dripping from her hair.

"Di, aap phele meri puri baath to-"
(Di, but listen to me first-)

"Oh gosh! Tara tumhare baal abhi tak geele hai. Towel kaha hai? "Ruhanika interrupted her when she noticed the damp towel still on the chair. Ruhanika prodded her to sit, gave her a drink in a glass, and then started wiping her hair with the towel. The two had washed up after returning from outside because they had been covered in sweat and dirt. So they need to clean themselves.
(Tara your hair is still wet. Where is the towel?)

Chaotic Marriage (Vol I)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara